My A Customs on their way

drumhead61

Gold Member
Having to work late today so I still have no idea if one of my A customs showed up at the house...I am ANXIOUS to say the least!!! Must go check on the tracking to find where they are.

drumhead61

Gold Member
The A customs arrived yesterday, the 10" splash was a little dirtier than expected but for the price who can really complain over that...the 20" ping is nice and both cymbals sound SWEET. I will post some pics a little later, I want to get them cleaned up first.

SGT_Drummer

The A customs arrived yesterday, the 10" splash was a little dirtier than expected but for the price who can really complain over that...the 20" ping is nice and both cymbals sound SWEET. I will post some pics a little later, I want to get them cleaned up first.
Out - Frickin - Standing! congratulations! can't wait to see the pics

The Big Beat

Oh yeah, you're gonna love 'em. I had a whole A Custom setup at one point. The crashes are excellent.

I had the A Custom Mastersound hats too but I really didn't care for them, honestly. They have a really dead, muted sound when played closed w/ the tip of the stick. Maybe it's just my ears.
i went to GC yesterday and was playin some A custom mastersounds 14" And ive got to say, they didnt sound nearly as good as the sabian xs20 hats or the Paiste Alpha 14" rock ones so im wondering whats up with that

Sirwill

Silver Member
I mean not to boast, but I have the same two A's you are waiting on. My entire cymbal set-up is of A Customs. In my opinion they are the best all around sounding cymbal out there. The other thing thats great is there attack! When your grooving on the hi-hat or driving through them, Your stick actually feels like it is pushing down through the cymbal not being pushed back up at you. They are cymbals that will last forever. I have a cleaning tip for them as well. Go out and buy some Groove Juice cymbal cleaner! It works great and will not burn off the inking!

drumhead61

Gold Member
I mean not to boast, but I have the same two A's you are waiting on. My entire cymbal set-up is of A Customs. In my opinion they are the best all around sounding cymbal out there. The other thing thats great is there attack! When your grooving on the hi-hat or driving through them, Your stick actually feels like it is pushing down through the cymbal not being pushed back up at you. They are cymbals that will last forever. I have a cleaning tip for them as well. Go out and buy some Groove Juice cymbal cleaner! It works great and will not burn off the inking!
Well, I have already received them the other day...I am shooting to have a full line up of A's as well...I personally love what I hear when I play on them and that is the sound I will have...I am with you on that! Thanks for the tip on cleaning I will do that before I do my cleaning.

i went to GC yesterday and was playin some A custom mastersounds 14" And ive got to say, they didnt sound nearly as good as the sabian xs20 hats or the Paiste Alpha 14" rock ones so im wondering whats up with that
Thanks for replying...this very post just goes to show the very beauty of personal preference which gives us our diverse sonic pallet that we all truly do appreciate when we hear it...I have looked at some cymbals that I have heard some others play and when I consider them for the sound I am after they just do not fit in, even though I have found what I heard played outstanding. As for the mastersounds they are just what I am looking for...neither paiste or sabian had that sound I was looking for, but Zildjian sure did in more than just the flavor of A customs.

Out - Frickin - Standing! congratulations! can't wait to see the pics
Exactly the same way I feel and thank you for the congrats...will post once cleaner! OF course I had to play them before cleaning...LOL

remoking

Great choice. I'm addicted to the bright, shimmering sound they produce. I've been playing A Custom's for about 5 years now.

drumhead61

Gold Member
I play A Customs exclusively and I like them. I have those two cymbals you have. You got a good deal. Enjoy your cymbals.
Since I am a noobie at the drums I have done a lot of searching for that sound I want and A customs definitely is that sound...so I am moving/working towards the exclusiveness as well...I love what I hear in them. I certainly will enjoy them. Thanks!

Great choice. I'm addicted to the bright, shimmering sound they produce. I've been playing A Custom's for about 5 years now.
My addiction is growing to say the least. I will piece my A customs together little by little as long as I keep finding such great deals!