The Trooper - Iron Maiden
anything from Blood Sugar Sex Magic by the Chilli Peppers
On The Loose - Saga
Reigning Blood - Slayer
King Of Pain - The Police

the list could go on...

JUZZI

Videos or it didn't happen. :)

I don't have much input on this other than...
Join a cover band and learn their songs and then go play them. That should get you to 40. IMO 40 songs in front of an audience is more fun than 100 songs by yourself.

I do enjoy taking one song at a time that I truly love and dissecting it, learning it note for note and then recording video so that I can review and give an honest assessment of accuracy and find the weaknesses that I may not notice in the moment.
I'm already in a band and we do play some covers too. The band members can play tons of well known covers so once I've learnt a new song I ask them if we can jam to it on the next band practice even if it's not gonna be in the set list, just so i can put it into some use in a real setting! But generally I like to constantly learn new songs on the side of my band just to keep me progressing. I like the idea of getting a youtube channel eventually too! Like you say, it's a good way to review yourself also!

Frank

Gold Member
50 Ways to Leave Your Love - Paul Simon / Steve Gadd
Rosanna - Toto / Jeff Porcaro
Make Me Smile - Chicago / Danny Seraphine

doggyd69b

Black by Sevendust a great beat.
Bullets by Creed
Painkiller Judas Priest for a double bass workout
The crooked cross by Slayer
Yes I like metal but I do like other styles too
Shot in the Dark Ozzy Osbourne
Dressed in white Mercyful fate
The needle lies Queensryche
Got the time Anthrax
Aces High Iron Maiden
House of Pain Van Halen or Hot for teacher not as hard as it sounds.
Worship the digital age if you really want a challenge
this guy does it justice
The Demon's name is surveillance by Messhuggah an killer double bass workout with a syncopated snare/hats
Juular by Devin Townsend
Animals by Nickelback THE ONLY song i like from them and because of the drums mostly.
Like a virgin Madonna super easy Just like Billi Jean but the trick is to keep perfect tempo
Killing in the name Rage against the machine
Dead Memories Slipknot
A crow left of the murder Incubus
Primal concrete sledge Pantera
Stand up and shout Dio

Well that's 20 I can go all day but maybe you don't like heavy noise like I do so hopefully some of these are something you consider and make a video when you do learn them.

Good Karma

Do you want drum-centric songs, or songs that drummers are likely to be playing? (I suppose there's some crossover.) A couple come to mind:

My Sharona
Making Plans For Nigel
Hard To Handle
Honky Tonk Woman
Born To Be Wild

Maybe throw in some Who & Led Zeppelin.

Have fun!

Bermuda
Honky tonks woman is a great song choice, I think the cowbell is an overdub

JUZZI

Black by Sevendust a great beat.
Bullets by Creed
Painkiller Judas Priest for a double bass workout
The crooked cross by Slayer
Yes I like metal but I do like other styles too
Shot in the Dark Ozzy Osbourne
Dressed in white Mercyful fate
The needle lies Queensryche
Got the time Anthrax
Aces High Iron Maiden
House of Pain Van Halen or Hot for teacher not as hard as it sounds.
Worship the digital age if you really want a challenge
this guy does it justice
The Demon's name is surveillance by Messhuggah an killer double bass workout with a syncopated snare/hats
Juular by Devin Townsend
Animals by Nickelback THE ONLY song i like from them and because of the drums mostly.
Like a virgin Madonna super easy Just like Billi Jean but the trick is to keep perfect tempo
Killing in the name Rage against the machine
Dead Memories Slipknot
A crow left of the murder Incubus
Primal concrete sledge Pantera
Stand up and shout Dio

Well that's 20 I can go all day but maybe you don't like heavy noise like I do so hopefully some of these are something you consider and make a video when you do learn them.
Oh no my friend! Heavy noise is my absolute favorite actually.

you may be please to know that since i posted this thread, i did learn one off the list 'painkiller' by judas priest and ended up playing it at the next gig we had! and yes you're right, it is a good double bass work out! (kills me off everytime haha)

the next one i plan to learn off the list this week is going to be Testament - Electric Crown.

and the first one off your list - black by sevendust i plan to do soon too! such a good drum song!

Last edited: