MusiciansFriend Drum Event Sale

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Be sure to check out Musicians Friend, Semi-annual Drum Event. Many great items on sale. Now is the time to buy.
I am not and employee or associate of MF. Just a daily looker passing on the news.

Last edited:
Thanks! Saved a bunch on new heads.

Man for the beginner the Questlove inspired Ludwig pocket kit-with sticks, seat, bass pedal, hats, cymbals, kit (everything you need)for $249 is dang hard to beat. A close second and one more tom is the Pearl Roadshow Jr. Drum Set with Hardware and Cymbals Jet Black-got everything for $299. I love this-more kids will at least be able to afford to try playing drums.

Man for the beginner the Questlove inspired Ludwig pocket kit-with sticks, seat, bass pedal, hats, cymbals, kit (everything you need)for $249 is dang hard to beat.

Our church has one of these. It sounds horrid. However, for just a couple hundred more, you get A LOT more drum set with the Breakbeats. I played one of these, and I was VERY impressed...way more impressed than I should have been.

Our church has one of these. It sounds horrid. However, for just a couple hundred more, you get A LOT more drum set with the Breakbeats. I played one of these, and I was VERY impressed...way more impressed than I should have been.
So the pocket kit is a Breakbeat "Junior" wannabe and don't quite cut it. Thanks for the heads up PorkPie. I wonder if the Roadshow "Junior" is a piece of crap compared to regular Roadshow which the ones I've heard sound surprisingly good?

So the pocket kit is a Breakbeat "Junior" wannabe and don't quite cut it. Thanks for the heads up PorkPie.

As always, YMMV, but this has been my experience. It may be something as simple as head choice, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Breakbeats. Do I want a set? Nope. However, I would (and have) recommend this as a starter kit for a kid.

Back