Musicians Friend Paiste Alphas?

SlitYourDrums

Does anyone know whats going on with these? All Musicians Friend has for Paiste Alpha crashes are like 16" and 17". The other aren't listed as out of stock, they just aren't listed at all.
Is MF going to stop carrying Alpha or something? Is Paiste going to discontinue them?
I also noticed this same situation with the PST 8's.

audioragegarden

I see 16 and 18 mediums, 16 and 18 thins, 17 and 20 rocks, and 17 metals. Looks like they're just out of stock on the others for now. Perhaps they're in the process of restocking for the holiday season. Can't imagine Paiste is about to discontinue the Alphas, it's one of the most widely used Paiste series out there, and has been for quite a while.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Can't imagine Paiste is about to discontinue the Alphas, it's one of the most widely used Paiste series out there, and has been for quite a while.

It wouldn't surprise me if Paiste discontinued anything. Their choices have always left a lot of drummers wondering how they choose what gets the ax, because sales and popularity haven't saved a lot of their models or whole lines in the past. Plus, their middle/upper middle tier is getting pretty full, and the PST7 and PST8's are a better value.

audioragegarden

It wouldn't surprise me if Paiste discontinued anything. Their choices have always left a lot of drummers wondering how they choose what gets the ax, because sales and popularity haven't saved a lot of their models or whole lines in the past. Plus, their middle/upper middle tier is getting pretty full, and the PST7 and PST8's are a better value.

Really? I would've considered the Alphas one of the flagship lines for Paiste at this point along with the 2002s, Signatures, and RUDEs. I mean Alphas have been around since the early 90s, and quite a few prominent drummers use them. I can't imagine a new line completely obliterating them after only a year or two. Granted I've only tried a few of the new PST7s and none of the PST8s so I can't speak much to their quality, but I haven't seen an incredible amount of buzz about them on the Paiste forums or elsewhere.