Music tracks minus drums... ( Drumless or Play-along Tracks )

Re: Music tracks minus drums...

Winamp will convert anything it will play as audio to a wave file, you've just got to change the settings so that the output plugin is set to "Nullsoft Diskwriter Plugin" and set an output directory. Then you just play the song (it will do it very fast, and you'll hear no sound) and once it finishes there should be a wave file waiting for you.

Most cd burning software has built in converters, you just select to make an Audio CD and drop mp3 files on it. If you use Windows Media 9 it will also convert .wma

Bernhard said:
Here is one: from CD and book "Turn it up & lay it down"

"Gaddzocks"

with Drums

without Drums

Bernhard

Hey Bernard, I just picked up Vol's. 1 & 2 but they didn't come with a book, nor any tracks with drums. Fess up, that's you on the drums ain't it?

You know... I brought this up a while back under whatever name it was that I cant remember anymore.
I'm just dabbling with drums, although somewhat serious dabbling, but have been a guitar player/bass player and piano player for a long time.
I picked about 5 Tool songs I like a lot, and asked someone (out of hundreds of people here and in several other forums) to find a singer that could lay down something close and similar to Maynard, at least in key, and I would record the 5-6 songs all the way through with a click ( I own a studio here in Louisville) including all double tracking and overdubs, a decent quality production, let the singer do his thing, and then make 2 copies of each song, one with audible clicks, and one without, and send them to everyone that wanted one for like $2 to pay for shipping and media. The thread sat there for awhile and just got bumped away I guess. No bites.
I have several songs I've done this to halfassed, and its fun as hell to play to, and all of my original stuff I have tracked I can mute the drums to and play along with it through headphones. Its pretty cool. I like to set up drums behind my mix station, and sit on the stool, and I can turn around, edit some stuff, press record, and spin on the stool and I'm sitting behind a kit. Pretty fun.
Anyway, I'll still toy with the idea, but now I'm way busier and dont ahve as much time to f*** with it, so...
Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

A few weeks ago "Phonophunk" posted a link to six playalong songs from Rush. If anybody can send me these files in MP3 format I would be very happy. Off course I want (and really can) trade these files. I have some very nice files to play along.

If you have these songs please mail me.
[email protected]

Greetings.

Hey Bernard, I just picked up Vol's. 1 & 2 but they didn't come with a book, nor any tracks with drums. Fess up, that's you on the drums ain't it?

Those CD's do not come with books only the tracks. Inside the cover is the information of the style of songs.

And whoever is laying down that groove on the drum/in track did a good job dont you think?

Henry II said:

Oh thanks for the flowers

...noo, too much honour

there is a book with CD and all tracks played with Drums:

Turn it Up & Lay it down :::: from Joe Bergamini and Kevin Fuhrman

available at Amazon

Amazon book

Bernhard

Attachments

• 0757937.jpg
    0757937.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 65,880
Big Band Sound trax

Hey anyone of you drummers out there, I want to know if anyone has any songs minus the drum trax for big band music. Or know of any CD's of this nature. I am going to start drumming in a big band next week and would like some charts to start recording to and see where I need improvements on.

Any ideas Sticks???

Does anyone know any other places to download tracks without drums? These are hard to find...

Thanks!

Yeah, those are awesome and Im already using them. However, I'd like something more like those Rush mp3s that were posted up there. Doesn't matter what band, just something that I know and can play along.

Thanks!

Husky0628 said:
Anyone know where I can find Dave Matthews songs with the drums?

I'm a Carter fan as well. I have not found anything on DMB without the drums. But, in your question you asked if there is songs with the drums....so I assume you mean a drum tab......right? I have not found one. But, Carter does have 2 videos out called......"Under The Table And Drumming....Volume 1" and "Under The Table And Drumming....Volume 2." Thats all I have really seen on him.

I don't know if that helps.

I don't know if this was shown to anyone here but I found this website a few months ago and downloaded all of their stuff. I now have over 1:30 hours of practicing drumless music. Although there are some songs that have the drums in there, not much though. Check it out.

http://www.music4drums.net/index.html

I think that in a lot of cases you are going to have to take them out your self but if you can find it I am very sure there is a program that you put on your computer that is like haveing a recording studio on there and you should be able to load the song and take the drums out just like they would do at a recording studio.

a long time ago they used to make tapes and cds like that where they came missing a certon part like drums or guitar and I imagine they still make those as well.

Thanks Raz, I actually screwed up in my typing, it was supposed to be Dave Matthews without The drums. I've known about "Under The Table and Drumming for awhile and I've even gotton a few videos off the internet from them, but moneys been tight and I've never been able to get it. I want the videos bad though, hopefully soon. I still hope I can find some playalong songs to their stuff.

FatherTime said:
I don't know if this was shown to anyone here but I found this website a few months ago and downloaded all of their stuff. I now have over 1:30 hours of practicing drumless music. Although there are some songs that have the drums in there, not much though. Check it out.

http://www.music4drums.net/index.html

Cool site! Thanks FT.

The Dave Weckl Band has a CD and book out called In Session with a whole album minus drums. Got to love playing with the DWB. You can get that right off of his website. www.daveweckl.com

Back