Music Nomad cymbal cleaner any good?

brianb

I picked up some of the non acid formula last weekend and used it on my Paiste 2002's. It worked FANTASTIC! I'm very happy with the results.

Pyromaniac777

Silver Member
I picked up some of the non acid formula last weekend and used it on my Paiste 2002's. It worked FANTASTIC! I'm very happy with the results.
Wow. I'm glad someone finally answered. Thanks
I've heard from some people that it only works on brilliant finish cymbals. Is this true?

BillRayDrums

Gold Member
I use the "drumset detailer" to wipe down my cymbals after every performance and the "Groove Juice" for heavier cleaning. The GJ is a LOT stronger and will eat the logos and finish off the cymbal so it's always best to wipe off any fingerprints afterwards.

Thanks for reminding me, I gotta go get a new bottle!

Jorge89

Wow. I'm glad someone finally answered. Thanks
I've heard from some people that it only works on brilliant finish cymbals. Is this true?
I personally feel that Zildjian makes the best cymbal cleaner out there if you're willing to get your hands dirty since it is a cream but works ridiculously well, it will clean the logos right off. As far as non brilliant cymbals are concerned, I have indeed used it on only one traditional finish crash and it wasn't the greatest but that was a long time ago so I can't give you an accurate description since it was 6+ years ago. For my drums I use Trick drum polish, which smells wonderful.

I will say, though, stay away from Sabian cymbal cleaners. I find that they stain the cymbal, don't clean fingerprints well and it smells disgusting.

Hope this helps!