Multi-Quote

wildbill

Platinum Member
Is there a way to do it now? There used to be a '+' sign next to the 'quote'.
You'd just click on all the plus signs to get all the quotes in one post.
But unless I'm missing something that plus sign is gone now.

Edit - never mind. I just took another look, and the '+' sign is now an arrow,
next to the 'reply', which has replaced the 'quote'.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I'm just on a phone, I dont see the arrows @wildbill is talking about. I have found a multi-quote issue.

If the thread is multiple pages long and I want to quote from multiple pages at once, its tricky.

Say I want to quote from page 2 and page 3 in the same reply. Regardless of the page, when tabbing between the two, the first pages replies disappear when switching to the second page. In order to get the reply to stay, I must preview the post before tabbing to the next page to get the next quote.

AzHeat

Platinum Member

I'm just on a phone, I dont see the arrows @wildbill is talking about. I have found a multi-quote issue.

If the thread is multiple pages long and I want to quote from multiple pages at once, its tricky.

Say I want to quote from page 2 and page 3 in the same reply. Regardless of the page, when tabbing between the two, the first pages replies disappear when switching to the second page. In order to get the reply to stay, I must preview the post before tabbing to the next page to get the next quote.
You mean like this?

I just clicked the reply button within the reply for each. Sometimes, I have had to copy the quoted message from the reply window, move to the second page, click quote on that message, then paste the first quote into the reply window to have both.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
Next to the preview button there's a small diskette symbol, on phones it is hidden in a menu represented as three dots, also next to preview button. Here you can store and delete drafts. Write whatever where ever, store as draft, switch to next page, add stuff, save draft again, repeat until you have all your quotes sorted.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Next to the preview button there's a small diskette symbol, on phones it is hidden in a menu represented as three dots, also next to preview button. Here you can store and delete drafts. Write whatever where ever, store as draft, switch to next page, add stuff, save draft again, repeat until you have all your quotes sorted.
Once again, thank you. I would have never found that.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
WildBill said: "Is there a way to do it now? There used to be a '+' sign next to the 'quote'.

next to the 'reply', which has replaced the 'quote'."

Mr Polack responds: "I'm just on a phone, I dont see the arrows @wildbill is talking about. I have found a multi-quote issue.

Say I want to quote from page 2 and page 3 in the same reply. Regardless of the page, when tabbing between the two, the first pages replies disappear when switching to the second page. In order to get the reply to stay, I must preview the post before tabbing to the next page to get the next quote."

AzHeat retorts:
wildbill said:

MrInsanePolack said:

"You mean like this?

I just clicked the reply button within the reply for each. Sometimes, I have had to copy the quoted message from the reply window, move to the second page, click quote on that message, then paste the first quote into the reply window to have both."

Then SuperGrobi responds: "Next to the preview button there's a small diskette symbol, on phones it is hidden in a menu represented as three dots, also next to preview button. Here you can store and delete drafts. Write whatever where ever, store as draft, switch to next page, add stuff, save draft again, repeat until you have all your quotes sorted."

Now Mr Polack thanks SuperGrobi
Supergrobi said:
"Once again, thank you. I would have never found that."

And finally Tater Head proves you don't need no button.