Movin’ on up!

Local Oaf

My wife finally got rid of some furniture that she’d been storing in my home office, so after far too long out in the garage, ya boy can finally drum in air conditioning (just in time for fall and winter 😂)

Still adjusting the ergonomics of it, like how the bass legs are clearly still wobbly, but I can’t adequately express how thrilled I am.

6375B352-4F96-4E5C-A43A-65D60E1EA2AD.png

In case you’re wondering why we didn’t store the furniture in the garage and the drums in the office, it’s because it is her sister’s furniture and she kept saying her sister was coming to pick it up, but kept not picking it up, and I’m a colossal dumbass and didn’t force the issue and just drummed in the Texas heat all summer like a colossal dumbass.

In case you’re wondering why we didn’t store the furniture in the garage and the drums in the office, it’s because it is her sister’s furniture and she kept saying her sister was coming to pick it up, but kept not picking it up, and I’m a colossal dumbass and didn’t force the issue and just drummed in the Texas heat all summer like a colossal dumbass.
Ha! So much for the reliability of sisters, I guess. Enjoy your newfound climate.

At least you won't freeze your ass off if you happen to get a cold snap in TX! And of course there's always next summer :LOL: (y)

Sometimes you have to pick, do you want to be right or do you want to be happy? You chose wisely. I've done the whole "hold furniture for relatives" thing, and it sucks man. I'm glad you pulled through!

Is that a Tama Rockstar?

Looks suspiciously like the finish I had on the one I bought 20 years ago. Man I feel old saying that! 2001 shouldn't be 20 years ago!

We usually set up our kits backed into the corner like this. It's good because we can see everything in the room. But sometimes hard to squeeze by to get into the drivers seat.

Does anyone here do the opposite and face the corner?

Specs of the kit? :D

Nah, I think you did the right thing. Keeping the wifee happy is #1.

well, your name is Local Oaf (which is awesome!!)

but you did something I would have NEVER done, and that is willingly did something in the heat

Specs of the kit? :D
- 10”(not set up right now), 12”, 14”, 22”
- 14” black galaxy Acrolite snare; I also have a 1970s Gretsch COB 4160 snare that rules.
- 14.25” Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Hi-hats
- 20” Sabian HHX Evolution Ride
- 18” Sabian AAX Freq Crash
- 16” Sabian AA Concept Crash
- 8” Splash Cymbals (Gio dry and Dream) sitting loose on an x-hat stand for small fast-decaying, washy accents

I also have a few other cymbals here and there that I don’t have on my kit right now.

Last edited:
well, your name is Local Oaf (which is awesome!!)

but you did something I would have NEVER done, and that is willingly did something in the heat
Thank you. Yes drumming in the heat is garbage. But I was in the marching band and was a shopping cart herder in Phoenix, so while I hate it, it’s sadly not out of the realm of what I’m willing to do.

My wife finally got rid of some furniture that she’d been storing in my home office, so after far too long out in the garage, ya boy can finally drum in air conditioning (just in time for fall and winter 😂)

Still adjusting the ergonomics of it, like how the bass legs are clearly still wobbly, but I can’t adequately express how thrilled I am.

View attachment 109307
Good luck ,the drums look happy !!

Sometimes you have to pick, do you want to be right or do you want to be happy? You chose wisely. I've done the whole "hold furniture for relatives" thing, and it sucks man. I'm glad you pulled through!
Happy wife, Happy life

oof. Corner setups are always feel and sound too tight to me. But better than a hot garage!

What’s with the rod attached to the Tom mount?

68D6CB8B-F407-4A1A-A1F8-53B3FDB856D7.jpeg

What’s with the rod attached to the Tom mount?
I thought that had the far crash attached to it. Optical nonsense. Also thought the aux hat was in the throne spot for a minute. Looked like a bad place to sit.

Does anyone here do the opposite and face the corner?
I do. No room to turn them around.

Back