Movies about Music

Well this isn't a movie about music but an old counter culture movie "Zabriskie Point" that used music to tell the story-it was a crazy plot but had an awesome soundtrack with Roy Orbison, Pink Floyd, Youngbloods, Jerry Garcia/GD, and Rolling Stones comes to mind-I had the album. I liked Harry Nilsson's The Point that similarly used music to tell the story-had that album too.
Movies about music-I like Amadeus-great film. I liked Val Kilmer in The Doors. I liked Joaquin in Walk the Line. I liked Almost Famous-star studded fun. I liked Clint Eastwood's Bird-a movie probably to realistic for most to enjoy (Forrest Whitaker is great). What else??? I never saw the Beach Boy Movie-I can't remember name, I didn't care for Rockstar with Mark Wahlberg. Oh yeah I liked Ray-Jaime Foxx was great. I liked Get on Up about James Brown. Which Elvis movie would you say is best LOL.

wait....you know about The Point? That is THE album of my childhood!!!! II have never heard anyone else ever even mention that album!!! I used to pretend I was Oblio, and love German Shepherd Dogs because of Arrow to this day! Used to always lay in front of the stereo and listen to the album, and look at the comic book like gatefold thing in the middle and pretend I lived in the Pointed Village

this was the very first time in my life I remember music being something more than a background noise

in high school, my license plate was "Oblio"

you made my year with this reference!!!

Of the ones mentioned so far, I enjoyed Almost Famous and Inside Llewyn Davis the most. Yesterday was also very good.
Some of my favorites not yet mentioned are The Pick of Destiny, The Dirt, and Clint Eastwood's Honkytonk Man. Green Book was excellent.
Studio 666 is a good one for fans of the Foo Fighters. It was fun even if it was a little long.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned:

The Harder They Come
I saw Jimmy Cliff a few years ago in Hobart of all places. Wow, blew me away. The show got moved to a smaller venue coz they didn't sell enough tix - unbelievable for such a legend. Anway, the guy must have been in his 70's and he rocked - more energy than most teen bands.

I (like heaps of people probably) played 'Many Rivers to Cross' at my mum's funeral back in the day, and it brought tears to my eyes to see him do it live.

I think I haven't spotted it in here yet, did spot a few YouTube vids which I can't see over here, but

Crossroads (1986)

Really liked that movie watched it recently on Disney+ or Netflix. Nice story about a classic guitar player that wants to play the blues and goes on a trip to learn to play it.
Also has a young Steve Vai in it!

Back