Movie Music

Almost forgot... "The Crow" from back in the 90's had a great soundtrack, fairly varied, lots of big artists, and selection taste that I dug. One of the few soundtracks I bought.

Blade runner
Collateral
American Graffiti

I think you mean Ennio Morricone for the second one, but agreed.

Head hung in shame and embarrassment.

Yes, of course Ennio Morricone and not Sergio Leone who was the filmaker for whom Morricone wrote some famous soundtracks (I hope I got it right this time)

I watched Baby Driver on Netflix last night.

Good movie. Good soundtrack.

What impressed me was how things happening on screen (eg. gunshots, windshield wiper blades, gears shifting, etc.) were synchronized right in time with the music that was playing. It made for a nice synergy between the audio and the visual. Check it out, I think you may dig what I mean.

What impressed me was how things happening on screen (eg. gunshots, windshield wiper blades, gears shifting, etc.) were synchronized right in time with the music that was playing. It made for a nice synergy between the audio and the visual. Check it out, I think you may dig what I mean.

Just saw a preview for that and thought it looked pretty cool. Will definitely be checking it out.

Tron Legacy.

It's the only soundtrack I've ever bought.

Truly unbelievable.

Daft Punk are absolute modern legends.

Agree on Baby Driver: a jukebox soundtrack where the song choices are intrinsic to the action. A really eclectic mix of tunes as well.

Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk is also well worth a watch. The Hans Zimmer score makes use of a Shepherd Tone, which is a trick which makes you think the pitch of the music is continually rising, slowly ratcheting up the tension beautifully. The score also incorporates elements of Elgar's Nimrod from the Enigma variations to great affect.

Atomic Blonde

Great late 80's soundtrack.

But the incorrectly specified Porsche made me very cross, then very sad.

Agreed.

In the BTS interviews the director talks about how he constructed scenes based on music.

Another soundtrack I really like is from Master and Commander. Great big drums sounds in that one.

Very repetitive at times but the "conversation" 4 note phrase in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

Just saw a preview for that and thought it looked pretty cool. Will definitely be checking it out.

Totally AWESOME movie! The music is spot on.

OTIS - really weird, funny, dimented serial killer movie. If you don't like horror or twisted, this flick is not for you. But the soundtrack has lots of classic hits. Great for a musicphile.

The Godfather

All of the music had such an impact on the film.
My favorite... Godfather Love Theme, still will turn my head, anytime I hear any part of it.

And if I could take a slight left turn (because the song does not fit the film genre... but it does work)
... one of my favorite foreign love songs ‘Senza Fine’ is the theme and opening song to a horror film Ghost Ship. I guess contrast of things to come?

Netflix "The Irishman"....

Definitely not expected. Some interesting stuff going on.

Back