Most versatile Zildjian K Pack ?

C.M. Jones

Then there's the whole playing in thing which is an argument for another day!

Dude I'm definitely a fellow schmuck! I've bought a lot of Paiste blind but I use cast Zildjian because of the character you get and you gotta find that in person before spending K money.

Call me a fussy schmuck :)
As always, cymbal preferences are similar to taste buds. We like what we like, and there's little we can do about it. Were I to leave the S Family behind, I'd probably go back to Paiste, which I played for many years. Otherwise, I'd go with Zildjian A Customs. I like more glass from my cymbals than darkness.

yammyfan

We schmucks have to stick together 😁

I've bought a bunch of Paistes unseen as well. I think the only Paiste I tried before buying was my 24" 2002 ride and even then, I don't know why I bothered. I knew it would be great!

I think my message is more for the guys who are on the fence about buying cymbals online, or afraid to buy cymbals in packs out of fear of getting a 'lemon'. Unless you're looking for a really specific sound, you're pretty safe with Zildjian as a whole and even more so with Zildjian Ks in particular.

C.M. Jones

Unless you're looking for a really specific sound, you're pretty safe with Zildjian as a whole and even more so with Zildjian Ks in particular.
I'd say that's a fair claim to make. Again, it all comes down to the sound you're looking for and the degree of variance with which you're comfortable. Those factors will differ for every drummer.