Most expensive drum head - EVER

konaboy

Pioneer Member
I've never understood paying ridiculous amounts of money for something because someone used something or signed something. More power whoever bought it if they have that kind of cash to throw away

Icetech

Gold Member
And people said i was nuts thinking his Full kit he toured with will get 5-10mil... lets make that 20+..

And i understand it.. if i had money like gates or anyone really.. There is only 1 drum head that he played on sullivan.. and it won't lose value...

JustJames

Platinum Member
And people said i was nuts thinking his Full kit he toured with will get 5-10mil... lets make that 20+..

And i understand it.. if i had money like gates or anyone really.. There is only 1 drum head that he played on sullivan.. and it won't lose value...
I'm far from convinced on that point.

The number of people who deeply care about Beatles stuff has to be nearing the end of the twig.

And when they fall off the twig, will a drumhead used by Ringo still be worth squillions?

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
The drumhead will eventually shrink in value. It will however always be a historical piece of history that tours museums throughout the world.
The buyer didn't pay that purchase price for an investment. He wanted the bragging rights.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Seems to be inline to me:

An acoustic guitar that John Lennon used to record and write "Love Me Do," ''I Want to Hold Your Hand" and other hit songs sold for $2.4 million at auction.

and yet...

JUST SOLD for $40,625 - The Beatles​ bass 1964 drum head from Madame Tussauds! #Auction #TheBeatles #MadameTussauds