Most adjustable kick pedal

I use the Tama Speed Cobra. After my Falcon pedal broke I picked up the Tama.
It is very smooth, feels light and fast under the foot, and you can adjust just about everything on it. Plus it has a longer footboard than other pedals.
I really love it.

ConcertTom

I ended up buying the chain drive version of the Yamaha pedal.

I almost bit the bullet on a Taye MetalWorks but they were pricier than I originally thought (the cheaper ones all had hefty shipping costs). I saw that the Hollywood GC had both the Yamaha and the Pearl Eliminator in stock so I went in and tried them both. While the pearl is definitely cool and useful in its adjustability, the Yamaha just felt better. Also, the simplicity of the design gives me less to worry about in terms of stupid little things breaking over time.

Using this pedal for the first time on a gig tonight and I can't wait...

Attachments

D

drumming sort of person

I almost just got the Yamaha FP8500B. Really loved the feel, but the strap was just a tad too long, felt like my foot was almost on the floor when I hit the drum.

With that pedal, you could have adjusted the beater angle which would have resulted in the footboard being higher too.

Better yet the FP9500C is fully adjustable and feels similar.

ConcertTom

With that pedal, you could have adjusted the beater angle which would have resulted in the footboard being higher too.

Better yet the FP9500C is fully adjustable and feels similar.
My problem with the strap/chain lengths in general is not where they sit when the beater is resting, but how far down the footboard is when the beater is hitting the drum, and that can only change as far as I can tell by changing the strap/chain length. Some just feel so long that the footboard feels like it's almost flat against the ground when it hits and that doesnt feel good to me.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
I ended up buying the chain drive version of the Yamaha pedal.

I almost bit the bullet on a Taye MetalWorks but they were pricier than I originally thought (the cheaper ones all had hefty shipping costs). I saw that the Hollywood GC had both the Yamaha and the Pearl Eliminator in stock so I went in and tried them both. While the pearl is definitely cool and useful in its adjustability, the Yamaha just felt better. Also, the simplicity of the design gives me less to worry about in terms of stupid little things breaking over time.

Using this pedal for the first time on a gig tonight and I can't wait...
Hope the pedal is working out well. One thing...you have to be conscious of your beater weights on the 9500 series. They work very well with light beaters, but pretty sluggish with heavier ones. The one mounted in the pic is not the original and may be too heavy....That is, if you're feeling sluggishness in the pedal.

I've had the C version and now the D. Not sure which I prefer, they are both really nice and fully adjustable pedals. The Yamaha ended up on my practice pad set afire I got a Falcon chain drive. The lighter Yamaha beaters didn't have any less volume on the acoustic set, but definitely have less vibration on the pad.