More giraffe drums

LM201

HA! thats freakin awesome. did you do it yourself? thats a first for me.
thanks! yeah i did it myself. It took a couple days working about 4 hours. I spent most of my time poking holes in the fabric. It was super thick

drumr0

Silver Member
What a neat idea! Has the wrap cut down on the tone or have you noticed any difference in the sound? They look great and, no doubt, a conversation starter!!

LM201

What a neat idea! Has the wrap cut down on the tone or have you noticed any difference in the sound? They look great and, no doubt, a conversation starter!!
it has cut the resonance but it still has enough for my taste. It has also made it sound warmer which is nice. I have to put it on a snare stand though, the RIMS thing that Ludwig sent with my set was 14 and they somehow got it on there.

Tom Sawyer

Seriously nice kit, again. Love the setup, too. And the cat.

And your guitar man has a sweet rig, that Flextone is a fine amp.

LM201

Exactly what I was thinking ;)
Still nice cover.. how much did you pay for the materials? Did you find it easy to do?
it was $47 dollars to do the whole thing. The fur was on sale and I got 3 yards for $40. Then I had to buy some sharp pokey thing which was $6.

It was easy... but very time consuming. The material was so thick that I couldnt screw in the lugs. So I had to go marking where the lugs would be and thinning out material with the pokey thing. Then I had to cut it to size which took a long time. Then I poked the holes for the lugs and screwed everything back in.

And for the cat.
Thats our skinny one. Her name is Stanley, named after I saw a Stanley steamer commercial. She was my grandmas before she passed away. Her name used to be cow cow but that made my mom sad so we changed it.
My other fat cat is the complete opposite to that one, shes in california with my brothers right now and she weighs about 28lbs. We only feed her once a day but she never moves so she keeps getting fatter and fatter. In fact she was too fat to take on the plane with my mom!