More from this band....

With all due respect, I can't believe you're letting it go on this long. While I'm not on your level Bo, I'm a decent drummer and there's no way I could play in this band. I'd kindly let them know I'm not their guy for a drummer.
Today could be the day since I texted the leader with, “ok I’ll take it down, but we need to discuss this”.
His reply was, “sure, I’ll come earlier for the next gig and we’ll chat” which isn’t until January 3rd. I texted back, “nah, I’ll call you tomorrow. Let me know when you’re free for a phone call”

..I'm hoping to post so much of these they'll figure it out before I even say anything ;)..

The way i see the whole issue is simple..:

There is a crap band that called you to play drums for an evening and at the end of the evening they offer you to become a steady band member..

At that moment you could have known how crappy their vocals are, because i really doubt on that first evening they were sounding like Eagles (or whatever) with their (harmony) vocals..

And then, soon after you become a band member, you post a video showing how crap they are, hoping they get the message..

To me thats just not correct at all..

They are a crap band, but i see no reason at all why they have to turn into a Bo Eder show, after offering you the job..

Honestly, if i would be the bandleader and would know about your intention with posting this video all over the place and making my band look like a complete joke, i would have kicked you out myself..

Thats not meant personal (because i have no idea who Bo Eder is), but just how i see things like this..:)

The way i see the whole issue is simple..:

There is a crap band that called you to play drums for an evening and at the end of the evening they offer you to become a steady band member..

At that moment you could have known how crappy their vocals are, because i really doubt on that first evening they were sounding like Eagles (or whatever) with their (harmony) vocals..

And then, soon after you become a band member, you post a video showing how crap they are, hoping they get the message..

To me thats just not correct at all..

They are a crap band, but i see no reason at all why they have to turn into a Bo Eder show, after offering you the job..

Honestly, if i would be the bandleader and would know about your intention with posting this video all over the place and making my band look like a complete joke, i would have kicked you out myself..

Thats not meant personal (because i have no idea who Bo Eder is), but just how i see things like this..:)
Who’s the guy who said this:

“....
Thats quite an understatement in this case..

In my opinion is not ok to go on stage like this..

At least i would not..”
oh yeah, that was you.

..Who’s the guy who said this..

That was me yes and i would immediately repeat that again, because i just would never go on stage with them, especially not for a second time..

If you choose to be in a band, that should be because you like to be in that band and not because you want to turn them into a sort of project that needs to be saved by Bo Eder, while in the meantime sharing a video with the world making them look like a joke..

Like i said, to me thats just not correct and, no matter how crap they are, pretty disrespectful towards them..

That was me yes and i would immediately repeat that again, because i just would never go on stage with them, especially not for a second time..

If you choose to be in a band, that should be because you like to be in that band and not because you want to turn them into a sort of project that needs to be saved by Bo Eder, while in the meantime sharing a video with the world making them look like a joke..

Like i said, to me thats just not correct and, no matter how crap they are, pretty disrespectful towards them..
I’m not sure you understand how this works. If you’re a business as a cover band, willing to provide the hits correctly for paying clients, what would you do?
Would you be ok with paying for a Big Mac and not getting exactly what you expect? Or to put it closer in perspective, let’s say you hired a plumber for $500 and at the end of the job he says “well, I tried”. Those situations are ok with you? Then yeah, I’m probably way out of line. But those situations are not ok with people “in the business”. Namely, me and everybody watching.

Like I said, I’m from Disney - everybody nails their job or it’s fixed. It’s not just me, it’s how business is done.

..I’m not sure you understand how this works. If you’re a business as a cover band, willing to provide the hits correctly for paying clients, what would you do?..

I think i know exactly how this works..

I played about 4 years with one of the best and biggest coverbands from my country, about 80 gigs a year, only for 1000-2500 people audiences and with a bunch of other coverbands playing 100's of wedding and corporate parties..

If quality would be that important for you, you would have never joined this band, because even an almost deaf guy can hear that these people are just not the best musicians..

And thats ok..

Not everyone in this world is on the same level and i assume they are also people who try to play to the best of their ability..

In my opinion you are just kinda out of line trying to "take over" this band after 2 weeks and make them perform to whatever are your standards..

From what i understood they offered you to become their drummer, not their personal band coach..

And regarding Disney, are you there allowed to speed up a song kinda a lot from beginning till end..?

Because thats what also happened in this one, besides the whole vocal issue..:)

Anyway, not important, i just thought the band deserves some defense too..

In this day and age, I just assume that everything I do in public will get on social media. So in order to dodge the obvious remarks, my game needs to be at a certain level or I pay the social media price.. He asked you to take it down. This makes me think it's the first video they ever saw of themselves. Which is hard to believe too.

There is no test to pass, no license to sit for, to play in a cover band. The getting hired back again thing (which baffles me) seems to me is a product of the musical standards being so low these days. Just an opinion. But hey, if a band makes enough money for the bar, and the bar is happy with the profits, literally, the quality of the music doesn't matter to anyone but the musicians. Hopefully the musicians care enough for everyone.

I'm with Larry. I assume whatever vid/photos get taken will end up on the interwebs.

Some of them are not the most flattering but you either ignore or learn from it. I always just look like a huge dork but at least I play decently.

I'm not sure I'd ever publicly mock a group of musicians I'm playing with. Quite frankly, there's something happening here in this thread that's less professional than the vocals...

I didn't take in in a mocking context. It can really be a weird situation when a "singer" can't hear that they aren't doing the whole singing thing right... Seemed more like Matt was looking more for a little camaraderie and opinions here than just calling them out in a nasty way. It's not like he linked them here.

I didn't take in in a mocking context. It can really be a weird situation when a "singer" can't hear that they aren't doing the whole singing thing right... Seemed more like Matt was looking more for a little camaraderie and opinions here than just calling them out in a nasty way. It's not like he linked them here.

Posting a link on a public website visited by musicians and saying "look at how bad this guy is" is mocking.
When your second post states "I hope to post enough of these so that they can see how bad it is" then it goes from mocking to passive aggressive both of which are really bad tactics to use if you don't like to piss people off more than necessary.

If I were Bo, I would seriously delete this thread as quickly as possible. We all make mistakes. This is one.

Today could be the day since I texted the leader with, “ok I’ll take it down, but we need to discuss this”.
His reply was, “sure, I’ll come earlier for the next gig and we’ll chat” which isn’t until January 3rd. I texted back, “nah, I’ll call you tomorrow. Let me know when you’re free for a phone call”

So what happened? Are you still in the band?

Enquiring minds want to know (I want to know)! <--obscure 80s reference

Posting a link on a public website visited by musicians and saying "look at how bad this guy is" is mocking.
When your second post states "I hope to post enough of these so that they can see how bad it is" then it goes from mocking to passive aggressive both of which are really bad tactics to use if you don't like to piss people off more than necessary.

If I were Bo, I would seriously delete this thread as quickly as possible. We all make mistakes. This is one.
Perhaps there was something I didn't see in another thread. It looked here like Bo posted a song, and Andy was the first one to correctly call out the tone-deafness. I read his response as more of a "post" on youtube or whatever so that his bandmates could see over time how bad it was, not like he expected his band to come here and see the thread.

I couldn't watch I guess the video is not available anymore

Back