MOONSHINERS!!!

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
A couple of random thoughts:

1. @bongoman - Holy cow that dog in your avatar is a cutie! Looks like he/she is a lot of fun.
2. I grew up about 20 min. from Junior Johnson. I used to bus tables at a local restaurant, and he used to come in at closing time and stay for an hour or so afterwards.
3. I have another friend that made and produced a short film on Popcorn Sutton. His old place is just a couple of hours from here.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
A couple of random thoughts:

1. @bongoman - Holy cow that dog in your avatar is a cutie! Looks like he/she is a lot of fun.
2. I grew up about 20 min. from Junior Johnson. I used to bus tables at a local restaurant, and he used to come in at closing time and stay for an hour or so afterwards.
3. I have another friend that made and produced a short film on Popcorn Sutton. His old place is just a couple of hours from here.

I grew up in Stokes, just north of Winston-Salem. Both sides of my family had moonshiners that lived in Mount Airy. One of my cousins on my mom’s side plays in a Rush tribute band in Greensboro and Winston, and just randomly a good friend I worked with at Bank of America in Greensboro plays guitar in that band.

bongoman

Part of my childhood was up in Spruce Pine, Burnsville, Black Mountain area up in the hills, and there were definitely people living that life. My mom drove an old Chevy step van with bullet holes in both the side rear view mirrors.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Beer and whisky is what made America great apparently-well probably lots of countries-but there are books on the topic. Beer was part of wages in certain jobs, etc. Apparently humans are like cars and run off of distillates too. Moonshining a big part of American history early and then later with great experiment of Prohibition. Funny how that illegally made is still held with such value considering it can be expensive.
War, disease, and famine are biological-they evolved in humans to regulate our population size-as all species have regulators. Other species have war too. But in humans we intentionally use famine and disease in war too. Humans are the only living group of Homo-of 9 groups that at one time existed. There is a reason.