Modern Drummer article out this month

Terry Branam

Official DW Chief Transcriber
Hey everyone,

I'm proud to announce that I have a piece running in this month's Modern Drummer on Richard Spaven's work. If you are not hip to him, Check this out:

Lots of cool beats and phrasing to dissect. You can see the transcriptions (including this beat) at the link below or in this month's issue. Enjoy!

https://www.moderndrummer.com/article/s ... rd-spaven/

Last edited:

Terry Branam

The Modern Drummer podcast did a cool in-depth discussion about the piece and provided a bunch of audio files for context. Check it out here:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/md-podcast-episode-207-richard-spaven-craviotto-heritage/id1034407594?i=1000448171918

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Terry Branam

Hey everyone, just wanted to put the word out that I have a pretty in-depth piece with a bunch of gnarly transcriptions on Nate Wood out this month in MD:

I did a few Kneebody songs and Tigran Hamasyan stuff as well as his solo work.

Check this one out:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Terry Branam

Here is some talk of the piece on Nate Wood's drumming on the MD podcast. They included some of the audio examples from the stuff that I transcribed in the article. Very proud of this one!

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Terry Branam

Hi Drummerworld folks! Hope everyone is well. I want to share some stuff from this month's issue of Modern Drummer. This time around I am dissecting Ronald Bruner's playing. I took on transcribing this intro to Scott Kinsey's Shinjuku along with a lot of other cool stuff from his career. Check out some free transcriptions at Modern Drummer's website HERE

Hope you all dig it!

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

Hi Drummerworld folks! Hope everyone is well. I want to share some stuff from this month's issue of Modern Drummer. This time around I am dissecting Ronald Bruner's playing. I took on transcribing this intro to Scott Kinsey's Shinjuku along with a lot of other cool stuff from his career. Check out some free transcriptions at Modern Drummer's website HERE

Hope you all dig it!

Very cool - what a great player.