Modding B8 Hats

Leftie117

So I recently got a pair of used New Beats, and now have no use for my dinnerplate b8s. Any suggestions on what I could do with these things as far as cutting, hammering, and drilling goes?

The only recommendation that I would give for a B8-Hat mod is to round the edges so that they no longer eat sticks.

Otherwise, save them for your B-Kit.

.... Any suggestions on what I could do with these things as far as cutting, hammering, and drilling goes?

Cut, hammer, and drill them, just for fun if you haven't done it before.

Pretty sure you'll find out it's not worth the effort to do it again though.

Nothing wrong with B8 hats, keep 'em for when you want a different sound!

Bermuda

I'm with Bermuda or gdmoore28. Last year I donated a 6 piece PDP CX Series maple along with stands and a couple of cymbals to the Harrisburg Youth Symphony Orchestra. They have practically no budget, and none of the kids in the percussion section have a set. The looks on their faces was worth every penny I didn't get selling them. Probably more so.

I'm with Bermuda or gdmoore28. Last year I donated a 6 piece PDP CX Series maple along with stands and a couple of cymbals to the Harrisburg Youth Symphony Orchestra. They have practically no budget, and none of the kids in the percussion section have a set. The looks on their faces was worth every penny I didn't get selling them. Probably more so.

Paying it forward. Good stuff!

Paying it forward is right pearlygates, nobody ever did anything like that for me. Although keeping them for a practice set is a good idea as Bermuda had mentioned. Done that many times with cymbals and gear, myself.

Paying it forward is right pearlygates, nobody ever did anything like that for me. Although keeping them for a practice set is a good idea as Bermuda had mentioned. Done that many times with cymbals and gear, myself.
I like the way you think my friend. Showin some drummer love. I have some gear that I might look to do the same with.

Back