Mixer for practice

davige101

This is interesting. Have you used it? How would it work with a typical drum set up, assuming you put the two extra inputs on the

Cool. So are you using the Zoom H4N I take it? It has it's own mic's it seems, so that is placed where? I assume you use the extra inputs for the overheads?
D

rhumbagirl

Cool. So if you use the Zoom, where does the mic's on the Zoom itself get placed? I assume the overheads are your two extra inputs?
D
The Zoom H4N has the internal mics setup already in XY fashion, so it would be mounted on a mic stand about your head, and then if you wanted to use the external XLR connections for two more mics (eg snare and kick) you could do that. I have the H5, but never got around to trying this, so I don't know if there are any stability issues - the Zoom is kinda heavy, and with two heavy XLR cables plugged into it, might be too much for a well-extended stand.

ToneT

You can mount the zoom on a stand. The built-in mics are condensers; perfect for overheads. Two inputs on the bottom of the unit could be used for, say, a kick mic and a snare mic, or inputs from the outputs of a mixer.

ToneT

I used to mount the Zoom on a stand behind me, above and behind my head. There's a threaded part on the back of it for use with stands, shoe mount thingy, etc. The two bottom inputs could be used for almost anything; outputs from a mixer board, music, extra mics. Get on the Zoom website and check their products out. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube, too. You could even place the Zoom in front of your drumet.