Mix n Match Drum Kits?

My little kit above, the Bumble Be Bop has 12 tom and 13 floor tom. 14 snare and 18 x 16 bass drum. May you could do a 13 or 14 floor

haha cool thread. i have a bit of a "mutt setup" as i call it. i have a gretsch catalina club jazz shell pack with mahogany shells and a white marine wrap, a steel pearl drumset timbale, an a maple pork pie 12x6 with wood hoops (pictured in my avatar) in a kind of "algae green" matte, and a gretsch full-range snare with a natural lacquer maple shell, mostly zildjian cymbals and an ufip crash

ddrum Duo Fade blue to black shallow maple toms with powder coated cast hoops. 7x10, 7x12, 12x14, 12x16
Pearl Forum 16x20 inch bass in black wrap.
Sonor Special Edition maple snare in piano black. 5.5x14
I spent abut a year on eBay finding the drums that I wanted.

Attachments

• 0310021644.jpg
    0310021644.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,970
  • 1231011627a.jpg
    1231011627a.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,922
Last edited:
Yamaha and Pearl toms and mounts. Anyone know how to cut felt straight? - ha ha:

Last edited:
You guys ROCK!!! A lot of character in those mix 'n' match kits!! Love it.

My little kit above, the Bumble Be Bop has 12 tom and 13 floor tom. 14 snare and 18 x 16 bass drum. May you could do a 13 or 14 floor

Tis decided- going 10/12/13 with 16x16 bass, possibly as a 1 up, 2 down- all Premier Royale/APK except the 10 which is a Mapex M Birch in Trans Black, the others are wrapped black and the 10x5 snare, with a 13x5 as an alternative if I use it. My spare cymbals- 14" Quickbeats, 17" A Custom (with cutout from a small crack) and my 20 K Custom ride, and the hardware from my old Tama Rockstar. Will post some pics over the next week or 2 as I put it together. the hardware from the 12 and 16 are in the kitchen at the moment in a bucket of dishwasher tablets and water!

I have to say I'm really enjoying this and my daughter has no idea!

Good stuff guys - the kits look great!

I like mixing and matching too - seems to be each kit has it's "best drum" so it makes sense to try them together and see if they're compatible.

This is what I used when I started out with the current band (now my kit's more conventional) - at the time I hadn't owned a kit for a decade so I added a few pieces to the the few bits of drum gear I still owned at the time

Attachments

• Drums-003-copy-copy.jpg
    Drums-003-copy-copy.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 4,931
...This is what I used when I started out with the current band (now my kit's more conventional) - at the time I hadn't owned a kit for a decade so I added a few pieces to the the few bits of drum gear I still owned at the time

Is that box on the lower right of the pic some kind of foot stomp box? Or were you going bass-less at the time.

Back