Mistakes in Alan Dawson's Rudimental Ritual

I've worked the ritual but didn't find any writing mistakes on it, I have the John Ramsay version that its on his book. If you could be more specific of wich measures are you talking about maybe I could help

Thanks Funka - absolutely! I looked through the ritual (John Ramsay version, too),
I hope I haven't forgot anything. So here's my take (from context):

P. 13, m. 75/76: the right hand lead is illogical to me.

m. 84: The Accents on 2 and 4 are wrong.

P. 16, m. 191 to the bottom of the page: bad layout...

P. 19, m. 313/314: illogical; 313 should be the same as 314 (without triplets) to me.

P. 23, m. 407: Accent missing

Here's a scan of my page 13. I wonder if others maybe have different editions?

STOP THE PRESSES! YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!

Measure 75 should be the edition I posted. I had to do a double take. I'll have to look at the other pages later.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
Yes, i.e. at the end of the (first) sixtuplet session. Me too, I change the sticking
slightly at the end.

Yep that's it!

Also the Flammadiddlediddle is probably my least favorite point. I cheat and swap the stickings of the flams and the rest of the rudiment flows much nicer. I've had students who have no problem tearing through that one but for some reason there's a hole in my brain where I can get that one to any sort of reasonable speed.

One thing I like about the ritual is how revealing it is of your flaws.

I haven't checked it out, but there's an app now.

The half note in measure 98 is wrong, it should be a quarter tied to a quarter on beat 2, where the roll actually ends.

The transition between m 226 and 227 is ridiculous, there should be some break to transition the sticking, unless the tempo is very slow.

Back