Missing the crash

SteveRatz

My solution is just to keep swiping the stick around until you finally hit a crash (or anything bronze), then when a band member swivels his head at you for hitting on a random beat, just mouth the word 'jazz' at them and continue like nothing unusual happened.

jmeirhofer

You know what's worse than missing?

Missing on the downstroke, then knocking the stick out of your grip when, after having missed the cymbal, the upstroke then clips the bottom edge of the cymbal, and weeee, there goes the drumstick.
I have only been playing for a short time but have done that twice now. Second time I moved the cymbal closer.

Slightly off topic but I have also missed the tom and whacked my knee. Thankfully that has only happened once because that stung.

Magenta

Platinum Member
Reading it now. Dear lord.

I did wonder if the lad meant to say they picked him up by his nape, but nope, he meant cape.
Yup, you are not alone there. That thread should come with free TenaLady.

Attach a magnet to a drum stick and you'll never miss :)
My solution is just to keep swiping the stick around until you finally hit a crash (or anything bronze), then when a band member swivels his head at you for hitting on a random beat, just mouth the word 'jazz' at them and continue like nothing unusual happened.
Great tips!

Slightly off topic but I have also missed the tom and whacked my knee. Thankfully that has only happened once because that stung.
I'm pretty sure that absent-minded as I am, I would remember if I'd done that. Ouch :(

Otto

Platinum Member
You know what else I think is happening, besides my stick dematerialising? My arm suddenly becomes telescopic and articulated in all the wrong places.
ahh..the dreaded 'noodle arm'.

Commonly following the scrunched up 'oh, yeah' face!