misshelsinki

toddy

Platinum Member
not necessarily, maybe some percussion & hi hats, maybe a drum beat somewhere, but nothing flashy
yeah, i only started recording my voice recently so i'm still getting used to pitching, i normally sing an octave up

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I think that has much merit. Ok, I don't care much for the swearing (but that's only because I don't think it adds anything to either the message or the impact), & for sure, a vocal pitching drift in places, but that detail crap out of the way, I like both the vibe & the overall concept. I think there's plenty of scope for some off centre percussion in there too. Interested to hear the finished piece Toddy :)

toddy

Platinum Member
yeah i showed my mum and she told me to take the swearing off
so i guess i have to
lol

toddy

Platinum Member
http://soundcloud.com/wearecorsairs/molten-core-057

heres one more, this one is more dancey
all just works in progress though, full EP vinyl release in march
edit: the reason i don't want to do complicated drums is because all of this stuff is written by me (played live with a friend) and i want to play some synths live too

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I like the synth work in this track. Not sure how it would come across live. Possibly a bit long? Must admit, I'm out of my depth with this genre, but I do get the quality of your ideas.

toddy

Platinum Member
yeah the proper version is cut down to about 4:30 minutes now, a lot of this stuff is out of date now