MIRKKO DeMAIO plays "Mata"!

Mirkko

Hello everyone, it's been a while! very busy year,but here we go!
My friend Valerio Pandolfi, made this nice video of me playin a minus one track called "Mata"-The audio comes from a Zoom Q3HD over my head.
For this video i've used a DrumCraft series 8 kit,with an acrylic snare,not my personal one but this maple one sounds really cool-Mind that this video was originally shooted for the presentation of the brand for the drums store Acustica.Also I'm official DrumCraft's endorser since October 2011.
Thx all to DrumCraft, Acustica Napoli, Gewa Music.
Please contact me for any question,i'd be happy to reply :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYYEH33wig

And also please visit:

www.MirkkoDeMaio.com
www.DrumCraft.com
www.AcusticaNapoli.com
www.GewaMusic.com

A

audiotech

It seems as if this should be placed in the "your place" section under the appropriate sub forum.

Now I realize he has at least three of these going in the general discussion area.

Dennis

Mirkko

It seems as if this should be placed in the "your place" section under the appropriate sub forum.

Now I realize he has at least three of these going in the general discussion area.

Dennis
Oh--- should i place in the youtube section?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice playing! Please tell me those racks of cymbals behind you aren't yours?

Mirkko

Very nice playing! Please tell me those racks of cymbals behind you aren't yours?
Thank u!
no i wish---it's the cymbal room of a famous drum store here in Italy :)
Ei are u the boss of Guru drums? i've tried Guru kits at London Drum Show in october,they'f phenomenal!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thank u!
no i wish---it's the cymbal room of a famous drum store here in Italy :)
Ei are u the boss of Guru drums? i've tried Guru kits at London Drum Show in october,they'f phenomenal!
Myself & Dean work together in Guru Drumworks, Dean builds all the drums. I was at the LDS, but don't remember you playing the drums. Maybe I was away from the show stand? Anyhow, glad you liked our special drums. Did you try the prototype kit (the 6 piece) ?

Mirkko

Myself & Dean work together in Guru Drumworks, Dean builds all the drums. I was at the LDS, but don't remember you playing the drums. Maybe I was away from the show stand? Anyhow, glad you liked our special drums. Did you try the prototype kit (the 6 piece) ?
no i tried the 4 piece...someone told me it was a solid shells kit...the 6 piece was always "busy" eheheh...great stuff really-

D

Doctor Dirt

The kick drum was lost in the mix, the toms don't need the blue goop do a trial run without the goop instead of muting them right away. Acoustic drums should have overtones and the good shells decay the sound appropriately. I'll never understand why well tuned drums need to be muted it had to be started by an engineer who knew nothing about what drums "do"!
The tune was a good one to demo the kit, riff tunes should be strong and usually need determination in the drummer, you did well. The cymbals sounded good also. I nice mix of sounds. Bring the kick up into the mix, let the tom toms breath and for me the cymbals were in front of the mix a little to much. Very nice clean playing, good groove, technique and feel. You looked happy playing it! Doc

Mirkko

The kick drum was lost in the mix, the toms don't need the blue goop do a trial run without the goop instead of muting them right away. Acoustic drums should have overtones and the good shells decay the sound appropriately. I'll never understand why well tuned drums need to be muted it had to be started by an engineer who knew nothing about what drums "do"!
The tune was a good one to demo the kit, riff tunes should be strong and usually need determination in the drummer, you did well. The cymbals sounded good also. I nice mix of sounds. Bring the kick up into the mix, let the tom toms breath and for me the cymbals were in front of the mix a little to much. Very nice clean playing, good groove, technique and feel. You looked happy playing it! Doc
I understand ur feedback and i thank u :) ---but if u read the description,u'll notice that all the audio(drums) comes from one recorder,the Zoom Q3HD above my head- so,kind of no mix there,and this can give u the answer to the tunning/muffling thing...the room was very wide open,and the drums sounded too much there,so i've used some moongel there-never been a fan of stopped sounds,but these drums sounds really great-Hope u understand this :)
Oh and if wonder why i had mic in the kick drum, that's just for my in ear monitoring-
Thx for the reply :)