Mind Blowing value on my Monster 10 pc ddrum dominion Birch kit

diosdude

Silver Member
Hi drummers! My kit arrived on Friday, a ddrum Dominion 10 pc Birch kit in Brushed blue wrap. 2x22x18" 8ply kicks, 7x13 8ply snare, 8,10,12,13" 6-ply rack toms, 14,16,18" 6-ply floor toms. I'm pretty sure it has 2.3 mm triple flanged hoops. The drums have solid weight, i owned a ddrum diatribe birch kit, these drums feel substantially (twice as much) heavier even with the Diatribes having die cast hoops and attached isolation mounts. I thought i was going to have to buy a set of isolation rim mounts but OMG. You have to hear these things!! Ddrum has this 3 point integral mounting system that let the drums resonate with tons of sustain, isolation mounts are not even needed. The set comes equipped with Remo pin stripes on the batter side heads and a coated pinstripe with an underside power dot for the snare. First time I've ever bought a new kit (I've purchased 8 brand new kits over the years) where I didn't need to fork out extra for good sounding heads. That brings me to the best part, the price. I was in the market for a new monster double bass kit but being the cheap ERRRRR....thrifty bargain hunter I am, i researched for days different brands of maple/ mahogany/ birch kits to find the most bang for the buck. I looked at Yamaha Stage, Pearl Decade, Mapex Armory among others and was about to pull the trigger on a Gretsch Catalina Maple 10 pc kit for $1981 (great use of my stimulus check) but then i saw a 5 pc dominion kit for sale from the guitar factory in Orchard Park, NY. i started adding up the price for the add-ons for my monster kit. $1321 for all 10 drums shipped to my home. Mind BLOWN.Dominion Birch.jpgBlue Dominion 2.jpg

Nice! I really like the color. I like the cymbals too. May they give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Hi drummers! My kit arrived on Friday, a ddrum Dominion 10 pc Birch kit in Brushed blue wrap. 2x22x18" 8ply kicks, 7x13 8ply snare, 8,10,12,13" 6-ply rack toms, 14,16,18" 6-ply floor toms. I'm pretty sure it has 2.3 mm triple flanged hoops. The drums have solid weight, i owned a ddrum diatribe birch kit, these drums feel substantially (twice as much) heavier even with the Diatribes having die cast hoops and attached isolation mounts. I thought i was going to have to buy a set of isolation rim mounts but OMG. You have to hear these things!! Ddrum has this 3 point integral mounting system that let the drums resonate with tons of sustain, isolation mounts are not even needed. The set comes equipped with Remo pin stripes on the batter side heads and a coated pinstripe with an underside power dot for the snare. First time I've ever bought a new kit (I've purchased 8 brand new kits over the years) where I didn't need to fork out extra for good sounding heads. That brings me to the best part, the price. I was in the market for a new monster double bass kit but being the cheap ERRRRR....thrifty bargain hunter I am, i researched for days different brands of maple/ mahogany/ birch kits to find the most bang for the buck. I looked at Yamaha Stage, Pearl Decade, Mapex Armory among others and was about to pull the trigger on a Gretsch Catalina Maple 10 pc kit for $1981 (great use of my stimulus check) but then i saw a 5 pc dominion kit for sale from the guitar factory in Orchard Park, NY. i started adding up the price for the add-ons for my monster kit. $1321 for all 10 drums shipped to my home. Mind BLOWN.View attachment 103493View attachment 103495
Nice, good luck,good deal

Wow..i do NOT want to try and tame that beast. I'm trying hard to come to grips with my 4 piece. I applaud you young ones that get behind these intimadating monsters.
Thanks. I'm 50. Still feel young though!!!

Whoo9, awesome!!! Super deal as well!

Liked riding the 18 to the right on my 89 Ludwig
You now, Tony Williams used 3 floor toms all on the right side in a triangular cluster, i think the big one was 18". I always had one right, one left on the floor when i use 2 floor toms. I got used to playing like that from drum corps playing quads and quints, you progress left to right small to big, right handed with your biggest tom on the left to balance the weight load. When i do flams on 2 diff floor toms, It's usually the 14 on the right and the 18 on the left, my posture fully upright for powerful Moeller whips from both hands almost like playing tympani.

Damn nice! The Gibraltar (I think?) rack would have set you back a bit though?
I dunno? I already had the hardware after 30 years of playing various racks, they were pieces in my junk pile that i made work. It's jury rigged and I have to buy extra pieces to prop it up now. I sold my expensive rack years ago, a double tiered Pearl Icon with like fifty clamps and arms

Attachments

• ddrum bubinga.png
    ddrum bubinga.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 12
Killer !!! That should keep you busy.;)

Back