Mike Fasano Autographed Pork Pie Snare Drum

bodhran

I did not witness Mr. Fasano personally sign this drum. It is signed on the batter head and on the drum shell (see pics). I have never acquired a drum like this. I am not a Warrant fan, so I don't know this drummer.

My question is does this drum, which is a very nice drum, have more re-sale value with this autograph than without it?

Attachments

NouveauCliche

I would guess that there's a drummer out there that likes warrant enough to pay closer to retail than traditional used prices for this.

I'm not familiar enough with things like memorabilia to give you an educated response - but having never heard of that drummer (only the band) I wouldn't guess it's going to bring TONS of cash for you.

Did you buy it?

C.M. Jones

By and large, a signed drum isn't one most players would gig or record with. They'd acquire it strictly as a mode of memorabilia. Unless a shell bears the signature of a heavily celebrated name (e.g., Buddy Rich, Neil Peart, and so on), it would appeal to a limited market. In essence, it's entirely possible that your shell has lost value in this case. You won't know until you advertise it.

bodhran

I would guess that there's a drummer out there that likes warrant enough to pay closer to retail than traditional used prices for this.

I'm not familiar enough with things like memorabilia to give you an educated response - but having never heard of that drummer (only the band) I wouldn't guess it's going to bring TONS of cash for you.

Did you buy it?
I just hope it doesn't devalue the drum! Thanks for the reply!

johnwesley

Silver Member
Maybe if it was Ringo, Moon, Bonham, etc. The collecting of autographs is not as big a deal as it used to be. In addition, any collector would need provenance verifying the signature. Bottom line is you have a drum someone wrote on.

bodhran

Maybe if it was Ringo, Moon, Bonham, etc. The collecting of autographs is not as big a deal as it used to be. In addition, any collector would need provenance verifying the signature. Bottom line is you have a drum someone wrote on.
Exactly! Thanks johnwesley. The last thing I want to do is make potentially false claims that this signature is real!
Could be some Warrant fan trying out their forgery skills for all I know!

johnwesley

Silver Member
Exactly! Thanks johnwesley. The last thing I want to do is make potentially false claims that this signature is real!
Could be some Warrant fan trying out their forgery skills for all I know!
BTW Fasano was one of 8...that's right 8 different drummers for Warrant, and I'd have to check, but I don't believe he was the original. He did however play with Guns n Roses for a while as well.

Al Strange

Steven Sweet was the original and better known Warrant drummer on their biggest selling albums:
1599741122560.jpeg

Last edited:

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
My question is does this drum, which is a very nice drum, have more re-sale value with this autograph than without it?
I hate to be that guy, but IMO, it depends on the buyer. For me, it would devalue it, but not much. I buy drums to play, not to look at. For fans of this particular drummer or bands that he's played it, the signature may be worth something. The thing is, if YOU'RE a fan of this drummer, then keep it and enjoy it, and don't worry about the value of it.

bodhran

I hate to be that guy, but IMO, it depends on the buyer. For me, it would devalue it, but not much. I buy drums to play, not to look at. For fans of this particular drummer or bands that he's played it, the signature may be worth something. The thing is, if YOU'RE a fan of this drummer, then keep it and enjoy it, and don't worry about the value of it.
Any idea what the model is and if it was made in the US?
It's dated "2-12-04" inside.
Thanks!

Attachments

SYMBOLIC DEATH

I'm pretty sure that the shell was made by Worldmax (at least I think that's the name) somewhere in Asia. I'm by no means an expert, but that's what I remember about the BoB (Black on Brass) and Big BoB snares.