Midwest Percussion Discount

Boom

Silver Member
It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, if it I hadn't of ordered it NEW. They told they would replace it, and they would ship another one ASAP, and when I get it I could send the other back. Never heard from them again. The rack doesn't really bother me, especially since you can see it from a crowd, but when I buy something new, I expect it new. When Guitar Center shipped me a new cymbal with a dent in it, I had it taken care of with-in a few days. MidWest Percussion has awesome prices, I can't find anyone that comes close, but for the service I got, it wasn't worth it.
this is some terrible stuff. I've had my share of horrible service by a drum shop that was similar. Always lying to me and it ended up really shafting me in the end. So I'm very sensitive to these kinds of stories. And therefore I do not plan on sending them any of my business. I judge a business by their worst stories, not their best. And this one (and the other) go below what is acceptable to me.

srqrob

For what it's worth, I ordered a complete set of bags from Midwest Percussion a month and a half ago. I still haven't received the bags, and when I called to check in, I was told that they were all there except for one, and I should have them in a week. That was about a month ago.

dmacc_2

For what it's worth, I ordered a complete set of bags from Midwest Percussion a month and a half ago. I still haven't received the bags, and when I called to check in, I was told that they were all there except for one, and I should have them in a week. That was about a month ago.
Yeah, wonder what's happened with them. I've purchased from them a few time now and the last time I did, my experience was like yours.

Last order was for a few things (three run of the mill Yamaha Cymbal stands) and was told, like you were, "all but one was here", to find out a month later - that wasn't true either. Took them another 5 weeks. It's terribly frustrating as the end consumer. The discounted promo wasn't worth the hassle so as of my last situation with them, I have taken my business elsewhere.

Again, what I ordered was nothing out of the ordinary.... Could of and should of got it elsewhere.

NC68

The feedback on Midwest is appreciated. I was about to order a snare from them as along with the 16% discount I selected a "free" $55 Midwest gift card. However, when checking out it was not specifically listed and after seeing the posts above I decided to bail.

The other thing I don't understand:

"For the next 16 days anything ordered online that is over 99.00 before tax and or shipping will be discounted 16 percent by using the coupon code #BIG16. Offer good through 2/10/2012."

So, they are running this for the next 16 days but the offer is good until last February?

The feedback on Midwest is appreciated. I was about to order a snare from them as along with the 16% discount I selected a "free" $55 Midwest gift card. However, when checking out it was not specifically listed and after seeing the posts above I decided to bail.

The other thing I don't understand:

"For the next 16 days anything ordered online that is over 99.00 before tax and or shipping will be discounted 16 percent by using the coupon code #BIG16. Offer good through 2/10/2012."

So, they are running this for the next 16 days but the offer is good until last February?
This thread was started in January.

Florian

Gold Member
This from Midwest today:

Thanks for requesting your Limited Time Special Offer from Midwest Percussion.

You are entitled to get a 16% disount on your entire online order. This offer will be good on any order(s) place online.

Please refer to code....BIG16

* Special Discount Good thru 07/31/2012. Enter discount code where you see "Enter Coupon Code" in the checkout of the shopping cart.
BIG16 offer supercedes any gift cards or free gifts offered with certain online products.
Code is good towards any item listed online at currect price.

Cannot be combined with any other offers or previous orders. Offer excludes Gift Cards and Special Orders. Only One Coupon Code redeemable per order.