Midlife Crisis Engaged (New Kit

Sully151

I had a milestone birthday a little over a year ago. I have spent the last year shopping for, dreaming of, and talking my family into a new drum kit.

I haven’t played since high school, but always wanted to get back into it, so guess what happened last week?

IMG_1593.jpeg

Yup! After some online shopping and a trip to Professional Drum Shop in Hollywood, I am the proud new owner of a brand spank’n new Gretsch Brooklyn. Zildjian A’s and DW hardware.

“What color?” You ask…
IMG_1622.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg

Gold Sparkle for the win! It may be the flashiest thing I have ever owned.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Surprise Wow GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

Gold sparkle!?..you have no idea how that wrap brings back fond memories of a friend who played that color. It's absolutely freakin beautiful!. And it's a Gretsch! kit. 🎶 😃. Thanks for the memory!.

Very nice. I just got a gold sparkle DW set. It was either gold or black diamond pearl. The gold won.

Great kit and finish!

If you wanna open up a little more floor space, you can always choke up a little on the cymbal stands and snare stands. It'll give you a little more room around the kit and for your pedals.

In any case, this is fantastic! Happy playing. :)

Wow...beautiful! Enjoy!

Good stuff man what sizes ya rockin mate?
Drums
22x14”
13x9”
16x16”
14x6.5” snare. Also Brooklyn. My plan was to get a different brand snare, but the Brooklyn sounded really good at Pro Drum. It was also a couple hundred less so maybe another cymbal in my future.

Cymbals
Hi Hat- 14” New Beats
Crash- 16” 18” Medium Thin
Ride- 21” Sweet Ride

Last edited:
Gold sparkle!?..you have no idea how that wrap brings back fond memories of a friend who played that color. It's absolutely freakin beautiful!. And it's a Gretsch! kit. 🎶 😃. Thanks for the memory!.
I am happy it brings back fond memories for you.

I am still a bit surprised I went with it. I was looking at wood satin kits for a long time.

Great kit and finish!

If you wanna open up a little more floor space, you can always choke up a little on the cymbal stands and snare stands. It'll give you a little more room around the kit and for your pedals.

In any case, this is fantastic! Happy playing. :)
Yeah, my teacher said the same thing. I will try it today. Thanks!!

I am happy it brings back fond memories for you.

I am still a bit surprised I went with it. I was looking at wood satin kits for a long time.
The Lord intervened! 😃. Plus it's a 4 piece which only intensifies that color. Till I die covered drums sound better than lacquered. Food fight for sure but I'll stand my ground. 🎶

Till I die covered drums sound better than lacquered. Food fight for sure but I'll stand my ground. 🎶
I agree. I have owned two wood finish sets, and while they were OK, I much prefer wrapped finishes. I don't know if they sound better, but they certainly look better in my eyes. You'll never catch me playing another wood finish set, especially something dark like walnut. No thanks. Ugly.

I agree. I have owned two wood finish sets, and while they were OK, I much prefer wrapped finishes. I don't know if they sound better, but they certainly look better in my eyes. You'll never catch me playing another wood finish set, especially something dark like walnut. No thanks. Ugly.
I totally agree with you man Wrap finishes definitely have more beatuy to them nothing against wood finishes im defiantly a wrap man.

May those nice drums give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Wow gold sparkle! Those are really nice drums! Now you'll have to get a beater kit to gig with.

Back