Mick Fleetwood

Bozozoid

When I first heard go your own way I was hooked. He doesn't play MUCH but what he does is just so unique and tastefull that it makes you realize less is truly more.

Pootle

Coincidentally, last night I watched Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road with Mick Fleetwood. As well as being a great drummer, he seems like a very decent guy. Bet he’s got some incredible stories to tell, would love to have a beer with him.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Coincidentally, last night I watched Brian Johnson’s Life on the Road with Mick Fleetwood. As well as being a great drummer, he seems like a very decent guy. Bet he’s got some incredible stories to tell, would love to have a beer with him.
His autobiography is a great read. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 9A7D7858-64D2-4FE9-9F03-F498D9EA4548.jpeg
    9A7D7858-64D2-4FE9-9F03-F498D9EA4548.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 0

Ransan

Yes my story is much like OPs!

My early influence was Mick Fleetwood and Peter Criss, I am 38 and still hold those two nearer than most drummers that I love and have found along my life. I don’t care, they will always be cherished by me.

I remember being a small kiddo and my dad would put in newly dubbed ‘82 ‘The Mirage’ tour or maybe it was ‘Tusk’ on beta. I would drum on pots and pans.

From same tour on his drum solo, who can forget the infamous downing a drink beforehand while lights are off then seconds later, crewman is dumping another drink down his neck.

Getting my Pearl’s at the age of 16 in ‘99, I set up a monkey in the front straddling over the bass like he did from those tours.
05CA287F-FB6D-4AC3-9418-953159EC6596.jpeg
Also, Mick’s expressions were very impressionable to me at a young age.

gregchick

When I first heard go your own way I was hooked. He doesn't play MUCH but what he does is just so unique and tastefull that it makes you realize less is truly more.
Yes, Fleetwood is known to have excitment in his "Pocket". His jamming on some obscure recordings show he can shred...

LiveandDangerous

Love FM, Rumours is obviously a classic, not a dud song on the album. But the groove the band had on the Peter Green albums is incredible.

I'm also really looking forward to the Mick Fleetwood and Friends concert performed last year that is out in April I believe:

gregchick

I was told Mick Fleetwood was married twice to Donovans wife. With Donovan being in between...The life of the whole bunch has been amazing. Some sexy, some crazy, some sad and wonderful... I prefer the Blues! like Then Play On...