Metronome and setlist in one app?

Janet Tambour

What I would like to have is an app that you can program all of your songs for setlists, record the BPM of each and then be able to start said app at the beginning of each song so that the app produces both a click track and visible flash of the pre-set BPM's. It would also need a manual stop/start for unexpected 'live' activities. So anyone know of anything like this?

funkyrick

DW PRO DRUMMER
Tempo is the one.....(y)

Spreggy

Silver Member
I still advocate for a hardware metronome because it is more dependable. If your band gets off the time, which happens all the time, you can give the big front button a slap, and another slap to restart the click in sync with the band. I can't imagine it won't be a hassle to stop and start a phone app in the heat of battle so to speak. Then you'll get a text, and your wife will call, and they'll both screw up the met in one way or another, or make your screen go blank. Just whack the big button.
This one stores I believe ten preset songs in a row that you can advance thru easily. Flashing light, a bunch of volume controls for time, beat, and subdivisions. 1/8" output, battery or AC power. And easily mounts to any stand.

met.jpg

someguy01

Gold Member
My Polynome does this. It was the main reason I got it.
If only I were willing to give Apple one red cent of my hard earned money. Oh well.
FWIW: 71% of the world uses Android, 28% use iOS.

Janet Tambour

I still advocate for a hardware metronome because it is more dependable. If your band gets off the time, which happens all the time, you can give the big front button a slap, and another slap to restart the click in sync with the band. I can't imagine it won't be a hassle to stop and start a phone app in the heat of battle so to speak. Then you'll get a text, and your wife will call, and they'll both screw up the met in one way or another, or make your screen go blank. Just whack the big button.
This one stores I believe ten preset songs in a row that you can advance thru easily. Flashing light, a bunch of volume controls for time, beat, and subdivisions. 1/8" output, battery or AC power. And easily mounts to any stand.

View attachment 110533
What make/model

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
If only I were willing to give Apple one red cent of my hard earned money. Oh well.
FWIW: 71% of the world uses Android, 28% use iOS.
While it's fine that you're an advocate for Android, not all of us feel that way. Some are very happy with iOS and we should be respected for our choices like you want us to respect you for yours.
And since that's not a drum related issue, I'll ask admin to move our comments to the Off Topic Lounge.

• Like!!
Reactions: Tob

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Platinum Member

someguy01

Gold Member
While it's fine that you're an advocate for Android, not all of us feel that way. Some are very happy with iOS and we should be respected for our choices like you want us to respect you for yours.
And since that's not a drum related issue, I'll ask admin to move our comments to the Off Topic Lounge.
I was more at a loss as to why it's only available for one platform and that platform happens to be the one with the noticeably smaller market share. Nothing more. My opinions on Apple are well documented elsewhere on this platform.

Spreggy

Silver Member

lefty2

Platinum Member
Pro metronome was mentioned earlier that's what I use it's a free app for android or iphones.. In order to get a song list with stored tempos you have to use the paid app and I think it's only like 3 or $4 it's cheap anyway. I use it really like it

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I was more at a loss as to why it's only available for one platform and that platform happens to be the one with the noticeably smaller market share. Nothing more. My opinions on Apple are well documented elsewhere on this platform.
Great.
As for the reason the smaller market gets this platform & not the larger one is an obvious Polynome poor business decision.
I've owned both Android & Apple, iMAC & PC and it's always a head scratcher as to why software companies pick one or the other.
All I know is Polynome works for what I use & Android guys pick another company to use.
Nothing personal...just business. ;)

TMe

... it's always a head scratcher as to why software companies pick one or the other.
Incompatibility is not a bug, it's a feature for Apple. Apple users are proud that their software won't work with anything else on the planet. When they can't open an email sent from something other than an Apple device, for example, that's evidence of how superior Apple is. If potential employers can't open their resume when they're job hunting, that's okay. Those employers aren't cool enough anyway.

SYMBOLIC DEATH

One thing I forgot to mention is that if your putting a metronome app on your phone, make sure you put your phone on airplane mode when you use it. Some phone functions can cause the metronome to lag.

Another option to think about is now that we're into the holiday season is to get a Kindle fire on sale for dirt cheap and get an app from their store. I did this 4 or 5 years ago for playing live as I'm not too worried about damaging a $40 kindle as I I am with doing that to my cellphone. If your interested I can look up the metronome app on kindle for you.