Metallica- Blackened 2020

Nope, not gonna do it. When I was first getting started, Blackened was my big goal song. Tons of changes, its fast, it's pretty lengthy. Took me over a year to fully learn and play it 100%. This is such a disappointment.

Let's just phone in a crap version of one of our old songs and see what happens. The tough guy drummer expressions Lars uses dont work here either.

The tough guy drummer expressions Lars uses dont work here either.

The Great Dane is looking like he's in urgent need of an enema to finally be able to go to the toilet properly. Had a couple while staying in hospital lately, definitely helps with fae... faces.

No, Trujillo's using a P Bass, Jaco played a Jazz Bass.
I couldn't watch vid just saw finish, I know he owns the bass of doom thought he might be playing it at home. They should have gotten Steve Digiorgio on bass their sound would actually be interesting.

The BOD was refinished with a fancy laminate to look like a 1990’s-early 2000’s boutique bass, before Trujillo bought it. Looks nothing like when Jaco owned it.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/jacos-bass-of-doom.1177383/

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/m...lped-recover-pastorius-infamous-bass-of-doom/

iu

iu
iu
iu
iu

Alas, pretty boring.

I wonder how much longer they're going to milk this thing they call a band? Obviously until the checks stop rolling in.
if they're still enjoying the work and people are still buying tickets, I don't see why they would stop.

Reactions: J-W
They do what they do ... all respect due always.

But there is not a note of their music that I can stomach post Justice

My first Metallica show was April 21, 1986

They were opening for Ozzy and Cliff was my hero.

I discovered them around the release of Ride The Lightening when a friends brother played me Escape... I quickly went and bought Ride and Kill'em All.

When Puppets came out my life was changed forever.

I had a tough time with the transition to Jason because Cliff meant so much to me but I did dig Garage Days and Justice.

All respect to Robert always but they are pretty much pure shit

Last edited:
I posted the video without comment, as to perhaps not influence others, but, I think we all agree here more or less.

They do what they do ... all respect due always.

But there is not a note of their music that I can stomach post Justice

Everything after Justice sounds like them doing covers to me.

Reminds me of their cover of Dire Straits’ Brothers in Arms when Ulrich the Unsubtle comes crashing in like a bull in a China shop..
Probably would been better with Hetfield on his own.

Last edited:
That was uninspiring.

Then this came up next and was more fun to watch:

Back