Meshuggah's Bleed played only with brushes.

Ransan

That was great!
I love the gravity brush beat towards the end as well.

Would the snare be pockenholz by chance?
Just kidding - killer job sir!

Last edited:

Ransan

Thanks for the compliments!
You know, that joke missed me so I had to look up the wood, hah! That's deep, but no, I believe it's maple:)
Yes I was throwing that out there as your work was on the snare. That vitae is extremely hard tree, one of the hardest types making production very limited making it expensive as all get out.

That’s one of Haake’s many secrets - I read about this as a teen in a 90s Drum magazine and thought of a snare full of holes at the time like Swiss cheese lol...

Yes I was throwing that out there as your work was on the snare. That vitae is extremely hard tree, one of the hardest types making production very limited making it expensive as all get out.

That’s one of Haake’s many secrets - I read about this as a teen in a 90s Drum magazine and thought of a snare full of holes at the time like Swiss cheese lol...
Thanks for the lesson! I had no idea.

roncadillac

I'm glad you're open to both, I've always enjoyed both styles as well. And I think there's a lot of similarities between them.
Peace
That's why I have always enjoyed bands like Between The Buried And Me (not death, I know) because they sound like Mahavishnu Orchestra with drop tuning and screaming haha.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Pretty cool way to capture that song with just the brushes there!

Loved it. You even did some soup stirring/sweeping and that's pretty rad.

How often do you play brushes?