Memory Lane......

AZStickman

I remember getting this drum for Christmas and then not being able to find it two weeks later.... WTH? ......... Got some early drumming pics? Let's see them........ Terry

Attachments

• Terry's First Drum 2 001.jpg
    Terry's First Drum 2 001.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 487
Earliest I can muster; 1993 senior yearbook picture.
picture.php

That's right...I designed Neil Peart's present kit....telepathically.....into the future.

Oldest picture I have, it's from the very early 80's... a Tama Imperialstar with double bass drums, my first "expensive" kit, I think I was 22 or 23 years old.

Attachments

• Titi's Old Drums 1.jpg
    Titi's Old Drums 1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 340

Here is my Dad in 1934:

1DD-vi.jpg

Here I am in 1966:

_1-vi.jpg

_99-vi.jpg

Era 1972-75
First set. It was a 1957 Slingerland set. 20" bass, 12" & 14" toms.
I canabalized it with at 14" concert tom as a ride around 1974.

Attachments

• Era 1975 #3 - Copy.JPG
    Era 1975 #3 - Copy.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 343
Good stuff guys!!!!!........ Keep it coming...... :)........ Terry

Hehehe... is this thread is for all the oldish members?

You don't need to be that old to upload some pics from the memory lane :)

Here is my Dad in 1934:

1DD-vi.jpg

Here I am in 1966:

_1-vi.jpg

_99-vi.jpg

First of all: Your dad looks cool as all!!!

Secondly: You were in a band called the Zeppelins in 1966? What did you do when Led Zep came around? You couldn't exactly go around with that name still, or could you?

Wouldn't be that one. That snare looks like white ceramic coating and it doesn't have a center bead.

Loving this thread so much. I love old pictures of people, expecially of musicians.

Zikos, what year was that taken? Love the matching jackets, no joke.

Jim, I love that old pic of your dad. Did he live in Arizona in his heyday? Do you still play with trad grip?

Henry, I was looking through this thread with my fiance and we both agreed that you look like a young Jagger.

First of all: Your dad looks cool as all!!!

Secondly: You were in a band called the Zeppelins in 1966? What did you do when Led Zep came around? You couldn't exactly go around with that name still, or could you?

Yeah, we were The Zeppelins from about 1964 to 1968. Yes when Led Zeppelin came out our band name became worthless..........

Yeah, we were The Zeppelins from about 1964 to 1968. Yes when Led Zeppelin came out our band name became worthless..........

I guess you could always say you were the original Zep drummer :)

Jim, I love that old pic of your dad. Did he live in Arizona in his heyday? Do you still play with trad grip?

My Dad lived in Oakland, Ca. until 1944. Then he moved to Hollywood, Ca. for the drumming career opportunities. He was in big bands, movies and TV shows.

Yes, I have always played traditional grip. Still do. But I wish I had learned matched grip.

Oldest picture I have, it's from the very early 80's... a Tama Imperialstar with double bass drums, my first "expensive" kit, I think I was 22 or 23 years old.

Yep...looks like he's definitely got the moves like Jagger! And nice "guns" Henri! :)

1971 :)

IMG-2.jpg

Holy crap. I just noticed that I STILL use tape to repair broken sticks.

The tape is probably the only thing in that photo that you should still have...except the drums of course.

Love the hair... The sweater really gives away the decade too.

;-)

Back