meinl mcs cymbal pack

Tank322

well my birthday is in two weeks and ill be turning 16! so i expecting a good gift this year cymbals! i was looking in the meinl mcs cymbals because there not two expensive and i will eventually upgrade to a better series(maybe the byzance or any other series). i was just looking for feedback on these cymbals and meinl cymbals in general any and all help is appreciated thank you

joshisaces

Gold Member
yikes. how about ONE byzance, instead of 3 mcs's. Get byzance hats then work your way up, and the sound will pay you back.

MrPowerRide

well my birthday is in two weeks and ill be turning 16! so i expecting a good gift this year cymbals! i was looking in the meinl mcs cymbals because there not two expensive and i will eventually upgrade to a better series(maybe the byzance or any other series). i was just looking for feedback on these cymbals and meinl cymbals in general any and all help is appreciated thank you
If you are going to spend money on cymbals and cymbals you like, especially meinl. i would make it worth my time. MCS is a beginner series and you'll be in the same place as buying cheap zildjians or sabians. although the mcs's are a bit better, i would invest the time and money in higher Meinl's myself. be patient and get exactly what you want. go to their page listen to the soundfiles. check out ebay, im sure you could get some great meinl's for a better price than buying them new. cause i ain't gonna lie to you, meinl is one of the most expensive companies out there, paiste, meinl and bosphorus

shoedaddy

yikes. how about ONE byzance, instead of 3 mcs's. Get byzance hats then work your way up, and the sound will pay you back.
Couldn't agree more. Meinl MCS are just the same as any other beginner series. In a few months, you're going to outgrow them and want something better, and it's not like you'll get anything on a trade. If you want Meinl, get some Byzance hats, as suggested, then expand from there.

Tank322

ok thanks i look into more cymbals by meinl any series suggestions i play everything for jazz to metal mostly hard rock

MrPowerRide

ok thanks i look into more cymbals by meinl any series suggestions i play everything for jazz to metal mostly hard rock
hard rock, i would go soundcaster custom and/or mb20 (killer rides) soundcaster have some killer hats and crashes. jazz you want byzance

shoedaddy

My favorite line with Meinl is Byzance. It should cover the range you're considering. If you go to their website, you can see what different drummers are using. I saw Jason Bittner do a clinic, and he had several different series mixed in to his set-up.

razorx

Platinum Member
My favorite line with Meinl is Byzance. It should cover the range you're considering. If you go to their website, you can see what different drummers are using. I saw Jason Bittner do a clinic, and he had several different series mixed in to his set-up.
I've seen Jason play. Tons of talent. His cymbals sound great, Especialy his rides, hats and chinas.

05WideGuy

Meinl MCS series cymbals are a good choice for the money. I compared them next to Paiste PST-5's and they sounded better. I think they are more of an intermediate grade than a beginner grade. I bought them and I am satisfied with them. Go to your local music store and give em a try. They are way better than the other beginner packs.