Me, trying to cover Mike Portnoy

Amateur

Hey there again, drummers.

I've been practising more and more and a few days ago I came with an idea of playing a Dream Theater song (my favourite band ;) ).

And this is what I came with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIYhpoa9-SQ

Comment if you wish so :) I'm all ears if you have something to say about my playing.

Rock on!

Hey good job man! I love that song and band, and you did a solid job playing with such a difficult tune. Nice.

P.S. Turn the bass drum up just a hair in the balance so we can hear your footwork.

Amateur

Hey ! Thank you a lot, I'm glad you like It.
And of course, I've seen that my bass is almost "unhearable" and it's because of the bass drum pad - it's build for only one foot. But I'm trying to play a double bass drum on it, so I can't hit right in the middle (and it's turned up at the maximum). I'll try to turn down all the other pads and turn up the volume a little.

But hey, thanks again for the comment and for the advice ;)

T

trkdrmr

You did a great job! I agree, that kit has some limits that you have to work with.

I think Mike would be flattered that you spent the time to learn his song.

Amateur

Thanks for all the supporting comments! I appreciate that.
Upcoming more videos (covers for now).
Later I have to hmmm re-buy some parts for my real drumset and I will be ready to jump to the basement and start my recordings there (hope more original "stuff").

QUOTE=trkdrmr;543500]

I think Mike would be flattered that you spent the time to learn his song.[/QUOTE]

Hope so! hehe, but I was listening Dream Theater for a couple of years now, so It was easier for me to know all the drum lines. (;

diosdude

Silver Member
Awesome job covering a challenging song like that. Are you in a band?

Amateur

Awesome job covering a challenging song like that. Are you in a band?

Thanks!

Actually I am not. But after this few videos I put on Youtube, some guitarists began to call me (;
Maybe I'll try to get in a band, but I would prefer develop speed and technique, be good by my own and then start as a band member.

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
You will grow faster and become a better musician if you are playing with others.
I would jump in with both feet and get out there. It is far more fun as well.

Nice job, I happen to be a DT fan myself..

DT&ME.jpg

Amateur

O.O Pretty awesome picture! I wish I had one myselft like this. (jealous).

Maybe you're right. I should get in a band and become creative at drumming too. Maybe there will be in the future videos of me with the band (; (I wish so).