Marvin "Smitty" Smith & Pearl?

Does anyone know if Smitty has left Pearl? What's he playing now?

Actually, I ran into him in G.C about 2-2.5 years ago and just started talking to him. For almost 30 minutes. Very cool guy. But this is exactly what we talked about. There had been a drum shop, "Drum Connection", in Sherman Oaks that claimed he was going to be using their brand of drums and Buzzin cymbals. Marvin said he was approached but it was all just talk and nothing real serious. He also said he was looking at his options w/all the companies.But i believe he is still w/Pearl. But he was very approachable and just a nice guy to chat with.

Actually, I ran into him in G.C about 2-2.5 years ago and just started talking to him. For almost 30 minutes. Very cool guy. But this is exactly what we talked about. There had been a drum shop, "Drum Connection", in Sherman Oaks that claimed he was going to be using their brand of drums and Buzzin cymbals. Marvin said he was approached but it was all just talk and nothing real serious. He also said he was looking at his options w/all the companies.But i believe he is still w/Pearl. But he was very approachable and just a nice guy to chat with.

Marvin is an incredible, top notch drummer. You might not know it from the tonight show...but he has "ludicrous speed."

I have the "Burning for buddy" dvd's, and Smitty just *rips* across the drums.

I have never cared for the Tonight show band, but Marvin has always impressed me. He seems like a real nice guy and has chops to boot.

As of last summer, he was still with Pearl. However, I saw him at the Baked Potato playing Yamaha MCAs.

I wonder what he and kevin eubanks will be doing when Jay Leno leaves the show. They were both on the Dave Holland album Extensions. I used to be a big time Kevin Eubanks fan back in the day. He is quite the player, as is Smitty.

Also saw the Tonight Show last week, still had the Pearls!

Back