Martin Salinas, Dion Taylor and Myself

G

Grid

Obviously, I'm the weak link in this trio. Martin and Dion are both truly professional musicians, with truly top-notch musical minds, and though it sounds cliche, I am genuinely thankful to get to play with guys like these. It's humbling.

About the video...

I'm not a real experienced drumset guy. Still new at playing with a band. Dion is a friend of mine, and when Martin invited him to play at his place, he invited me. The house drummer was kind enough to let me play his drums, and I got to play 5 or 6 songs, which was like 20 or 30 minutes' worth of heaven for me. There are a few spots even in this one song that make me cringe, but I have no delusions that I'm Dave Weckl, so hey.

In any case, constructive input is always appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlrgaKISQ0

Dont sell yourself short man, you sounded real good. Your playing really fit the music well. you have a good groove, nice phrasing and dynamics. I do know how it feels to have those little spots that make you cringe when you hear the playback, I know when I hear or watch recordings of myself and I have those, even ONE missed accent seems to take an hour to me, even if no one notices it, but usually small stutters like that are hard to notice by anyone but the original player. I barely noticed any in this one

Dont sell yourself short man, you sounded real good. Your playing really fit the music well. you have a good groove, nice phrasing and dynamics. I do know how it feels to have those little spots that make you cringe when you hear the playback, I know when I hear or watch recordings of myself and I have those, even ONE missed accent seems to take an hour to me, even if no one notices it, but usually small stutters like that are hard to notice by anyone but the original player. I barely noticed any in this one

Thanks for the kudos, man.

I got a little Red Hook Ale in me last night and watched this, and the input that I've been getting from one of the other forums really sunk in. So now I can really see how much I overplayed this song. Luckily, the other players are so good, and the song is so tasty by nature, that my musical adolescence goes unnoticed to some degree.

But above all, thanks for the props. I'm glad you liked the song!

Hey you have a nice feel and sounded good with these guys. Playing with guys like this will only make your playing better.

Fishnmusicn

Back