Marketing off the chain

As if Pearl didn't have enough strange verbiage to describe their kits. Now we're doing cookbook references? :rolleyes:

Am I getting drums or an order of wings? :unsure:

I detect hints of horse poo...

I can't even get through that add copy...as if I needed another reason not to buy a kit from Pearl besides their tom mounts! LOL! :rolleyes:

Written by the same people who write pharmaceutical commercials I think...

Toto, we aren't in Kansas anymore....we are in STEPFORD.

All that Pearl needs for advertising is:

"Choose Pearl, because we've fixed the breaking plastic grommet problem"

It may come across as a little much, but I commend them for trying something a little different.

Beats the heck out of:

BUY THIS DRUM SET! IT SOUND GOOD.

DUR DUR DUR

tenor.gif

On that note. I think it is kind of funny how BBQ people talk about wood, smoke wood that is. I mean I've never really thought of the flavor imparted by my hickory drum stick to the meat and potatoes of the rhythm.

This is quite subtle compared to the Jon Good vids for DW kits when he's sourcing a log that's been in a peat bog for the past 3 million years.

Some of their vanity projects are a bit cringy.

On that note. I think it is kind of funny how BBQ people talk about wood, smoke wood that is. I mean I've never really thought of the flavor imparted by my hickory drum stick to the meat and potatoes of the rhythm.
I guess in the 21st century we just can't get away from marketing regardless of product. Have to sort through the cruft.

Back