Marcus Gilmore

krautfox

Quick question : did Marcus Gilmore sign with Sonor recently ? Can't seem to find any info on it, but recently you mainly see him play Sonor drums...

JS_91

Quick question : did Marcus Gilmore sign with Sonor recently ? Can't seem to find any info on it, but recently you mainly see him play Sonor drums...

He just did a feature with MD on a Craviotto. I have no idea what he endorses. I'm not sure it matters. lol

08/17/2020
The Trailblazing Marcus Gilmore Signs with SONOR

SONOR welcomes marcus gilmore to the family of artists!

Marcus Gilmore is a multi-Grammy Award winning drummer/composer. While Marcus can be found performing and recording with a diverse array of the finest musicians in the world such as Chick Corea, Pharoah Sanders, Savion Glover & Pat Metheny, he has also demonstrated his multifaceted musical talents and personality through long term solo projects with his own groups Actions Speak and Silouhwav. In 2020, he performed his first orchestral composition titled “Pulse” with members of the Cape Town Philharmonic as part of the 2018 - 2019 Annual Rolex Mentor and Protégé Arts Initiative.

Marcus was immediately drawn to the SONOR Vintage series for the classic look, feel and tone of these faithfully recreated drums that truly bring the past to life. He’s also designed a completely custom SQ2 series kit that will hit the road with him on several projects coming up soon.

In all of his playing, Gilmore integrates a unique style where he is musically expanding rhythm, while supporting the great musicians with whom he plays. “I am ecstatic to be a part of the SONOR drum family.” States Gilmore “The craftsmanship of these drums is second to none."