MARCHING PERCUSSION

Two online recources you may want to check out is vic firth's "marching percussion 101", and "the band directors survival guide". Both can be found on the vic firth website.

drummer-russ

Gold Member
I think drum corps really tightened up my sticking. Plus as strange as it sounds it was a good way to meet girls! Such a long time ago....

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I marched back in 1982 with the Anaheim Kingsmen drum and bugle corps and did that years tour that ended up in DCI Montreal. Then started teaching HS drum line but also started working as a set drummer, which curtailed a lot of marching activity, but I try to keep up with what the kids are doing these days and let me tell ya, drum corps is pretty crazy these days ;)

Last edited:
I marched with my middle school's marching band, and starting in August, will be marching with the Easton Area High School drum line. We are also going to the orange bowl in Miami in December, and we are the only HS marching band to perform this year, along with 2 or 3 college marching bands.

I played snare for both years in middle school (grades 7 and 8), and this year for 9th, im playing bass 1.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I think drum corps really tightened up my sticking. Plus as strange as it sounds it was a good way to meet girls! Such a long time ago....
Back in my day, my future wife-to-be was a rifle in our corps. A bunch of badass ladies, I tell you ;)

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Got my first girlfriend through HS marching band.

While it was cool, Corps wasn't enticing to me because of the sheer cost and I was always a frugal type (never got student loans through college, etc.). My brother did it, he won Div III in 2004 (Oregon Crusaders) marched Euphonium I believe.