Maple Shelled Sonor Safari/ Bop

millerscapes

Ok, so I'm just wondering if anyone has scooped one of these maple versions up yet? I got the "select hardwoods" bop version when they were first introduced and I'm curious to see if there are any notable differences....

Soupy

Silver Member
Not sure that there is such a thing. Sonor edited it's web site and removed the Maple descriptor at some point, might've just been an error.

millerscapes

Thanks for the responses! I noticed the website no longer listed it as "maple" so I wasn't sure. I was wondering how they would switch to maple wihtout affecting the $$....

Thanks again!

wildbill

Platinum Member
It says "maple" in the link, but if you click on the description, it says "basswood". Peace and goodwill.

Oops - didn't notice that.

I don't think it would make all that much of a difference. Nice that the sets are still available though.

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
I will post some pictures and a review in a week. Mine came with a few nicks in the bass drum from shipping so they gave me a refund I felt was fair. I fixed it easy with some wood filler and sand paper.

I will use Evans G1 or G2's from my drum head experiment. Its a great kit for small gigs anf when I dont want to worry about anything happening to my nice kit.

millerscapes

Sounds good; looking forward to the pics. When mine arrived it was missing the bass drum heads....lol. Easy enough to fix but I called the store and the sonor rep sent me heads asap. Such great service (even on a $300 set)!