Mapex White Widow

T_Weaves

Silver Member
Out of the two pics below, what config are you going to use. Off set toms (yes) ? like the DCP pic
Probably like the set in the NAMM pic. I like everything in close. I don't have a double tom holder but I've seen people use two tom clamps to do the offset thing. Who knows.....I might try it.

I've got a bit of packing up to do tomorrow as I had just set up the Tama kit for recording purposes last week. I've got kits and boxes all over the place. Have to get organized! (leaves note for self..... ;-)

greenstar323

I must admit I posted that as a joke, but the truth is they do look very sexy! I actually like Mapex and want to get a set of Saturns for my next kit, but 2k is the most I personally could bear spending on a kit. After that I agree it's getting up there in the "DW expensive" category. I'm sure these are very nice sounding drums, but I agree the allure of the Saturns is the maple/walnut combo.

T_Weaves

Silver Member
I must admit I posted that as a joke, but the truth is they do look very sexy! I actually like Mapex and want to get a set of Saturns for my next kit, but 2k is the most I personally could bear spending on a kit. After that I agree it's getting up there in the "DW expensive" category. I'm sure these are very nice sounding drums, but I agree the allure of the Saturns is the maple/walnut combo.
It's all good. I've got a good sense of humor. I'm not a fanboy of anything really but I do like value! I had a deal in place for a 2010 Black Ice DW collectors kit 6pc last week for $2600 but the bozo backed out at the last minute. Saw this Black Widow kit the next day @ $1799 and hit the buy now button. I'm really happy with them. I agree with you. $2000 should get you a REALLY NICE KIT. Anything above that better have terrific resale value.