Mapex Saturn Tour?

anotherspacesong

I am getting back into drumming after a couple of years (I previously had a Ludwig and INDE set). I noticed that the Mapex Saturn Tour V is on sale for $899 at a couple of places right now (I assume as a close out since the exotic hybrid is out now). Part of me thinks that’s a better deal but I wanted to get everyone’s opinions.

I am leaning towards getting another set from INDE but the price on the Mapex is hard not to consider at least.

Woolwich

Silver Member
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's a Saturn V in a wrapped finish with a 14" (or 16" if it's the 22") deep bass drum. They were introduced 5 years ago so maybe it's a close out deal, I did see similarly low priced kits in the UK last year.
Should have bought one if I'm honest.

Drumolator

Platinum Member
Those are great drums at a great price. Peace and goodwill.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Proud owner. My main gig rig and I did my homework before getting it. They've held their value and I see them going for the £1k mark new and used.

Just phenomenal drums. You could spend a lot of money and get a kit that sounds nowhere near as good. Professional quality in every sense.

Added bonus is they record really well too.

Not sure why they stopped making them. For gigging drummers they got everything right with this series.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648230357674.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648230357674.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 9

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I am getting back into drumming after a couple of years (I previously had a Ludwig and INDE set). I noticed that the Mapex Saturn Tour V is on sale for $899 at a couple of places right now (I assume as a close out since the exotic hybrid is out now). Part of me thinks that’s a better deal but I wanted to get everyone’s opinions.

I am leaning towards getting another set from INDE but the price on the Mapex is hard not to consider at least.

Dang!

Walnut/Maple shells, Soniclear edges, sparkle finish, virgin kick, in my favorite sizes?
  • Bass drum(s): 24 x 14 in.
  • Tom(s): 13 x 9 in.
  • Floor tom(s): 16 x 16 in.
Where do I sign?