Mapex Saturn 2020.......wtf happened

Thanks Mikyok. What was it called pre Industrial Revelation?

Thanks Mikyok. What was it called pre Industrial Revelation?

Just the individual town/village names going back to the domesday book in 1086, it's only about 15 miles wide so it wouldn't have been vastly populated anyway. The massive influx came in the late 18th and 19th century and then there was a lot of emmigration to Australia and America during that time too which we discovered when we did the family tree. If you've haven't done it, do it.

There's a castle right in the middle which was sieged by Cromwell in the English Civil War, that's the really cool bit but they decided to build an art deco zoo around it.

Sorry guys, this has totally veered off drums, I can waffle on about local history all day.

Interesting how Mapex is pushing the envelope with regard to tom suspension. I see Sonor is working its way back to good old
shell mounts by just adding extra thick rubber pads under the mount. The whole tom suspension thing is a little silly.

This is the most frustrating thing about Mapex. They introduce a new line or new features, then less than a year later, the completely scrap those features for other newer features. They literally are never consistent about anything.

Example:

I bought my Velvetone kit in 2012. A year later, they changed the tom mounting system, and then changed it again to the soniclear mounts. The floor tom legs were then changed a year later, as well as the bearing edges when they introduced the soniclear bearing edged.

There's no consistency with these guys to the point where one would have to question ever spending top dollar for one of their premium kits.

This is the most frustrating thing about Mapex. They introduce a new line or new features, then less than a year later, the completely scrap those features for other newer features. They literally are never consistent about anything.

Example:

I bought my Velvetone kit in 2012. A year later, they changed the tom mounting system, and then changed it again to the soniclear mounts. The floor tom legs were then changed a year later, as well as the bearing edges when they introduced the soniclear bearing edged.

There's no consistency with these guys to the point where one would have to question ever spending top dollar for one of their premium kits.

I didn't have any issue with the 2019 Saturn V's mounts and think the 2020 mounts were just marketing -- and their website has been horrid ! If I were them, I would have spent the $ on their website and marketing.

That said, at least with the Saturns IV and V, bang for buck is pretty darn great and there were some amazing deals leading up to the announcement of the new mounts. But, if I wasn't someone who kept gear for the long-term, I would have gone with Tama as they hold their value better.

Back