Mapex Meridian Maple VS Pearl Vision VMX

sebob

Hi,
I have a cheap Mapex Q serie and I want to uprgrade to a bigger and better drum set. I want a 7-pieces for sure. I'm split between the meridian maple and the vision VMX. I'm ready to put about 2000$ into that kit.

Which one is better in your opinion? Is there other drum in this categorie that could interest me? And the Pro M serie, is it good as the meridian serie? What are the differences? Please say all you know about those drums.

Thanks!

drums32

i wish i could help you on this but ive never played either kit The pro-m i believe is almost the same as the meridian maple, just has a different mounting system and different style lugs. Overall either kit will be great. good luck

05WideGuy

I don't know about the VMX, but the Mapex are very good drums. I have seen the Meridians and the look and sound great, plus some of the finest finishes on the market. I play an M Birch set myself, Mapex is becoming a force to be reckoned with in the drum world.

F

freestylin599

BY far the mapex is the way to go....i have sat behind both of these sets and my local shop and the merdian maple has a much better sound than the pearls. also if you're into it look at the meridan birch IMO i believe the birch has a better tone

sebob

Thanks everybody!
Very useful. I think I will go with the Mapex. For the Birch or Maple, I'll see in store.

05WideGuy: Which config do you have? Are the tom-toms indepandent of the bass drum? Are they attach to it? (sorry for my poor english)

I checked some TAMA, which one is equivalent to the Meridian Maple? Do you recommand it?

Thanks for your answers

F

freestylin599

Thanks everybody!
Very useful. I think I will go with the Mapex. For the Birch or Maple, I'll see in store.

05WideGuy: Which config do you have? Are the tom-toms indepandent of the bass drum? Are they attach to it? (sorry for my poor english)

I checked some TAMA, which one is equivalent to the Meridian Maple? Do you recommand it?

Thanks for your answers
Imperial star is the one that is equivalent, that or i believe its called the superstar if you shell out qa little more you can get one of those

i recconmend it i play a rockstar (one step below imperial) and if i were to go out and but a brand new drumset, it would be an imperialstar

F

freestylin599

I think you are wrong, check this link: http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/product/u_drum_data.php?year=2009&id=71

They say it's like the starter kit of TAMA. Meridian Maple isn't a starter kit in my opinion.

by starter kit you mean cheapest they discontinued the swingstar and rockstar those are the starter kits, unless they revamped the imperialstar to be a starter kit it isnt becasue it was known as their mid-end kit just a few years ago whether or not that or the superstar are the way to go if you buy tama and i believ you can get 7 pieces in both

sebob

I finally bought it!
Meridian Maple 7-piece in Red wood Fade (Tom: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16/ Snare: 14/ Bass drum 22X20) I'll get it only in december. I will post some picture.