Mapex hardware!!

iontheable

Alright as some of you might know, I recently acquired my Meridian Kit and I'm looking for some configuration option, but I have some questions:

The tom holder that the kit came with, that fits in the top of the bass drum. Its a much large diameter than any of my other stands/equipment. Is this normal for Mapex?

I ask because I am working on putting my two rack toms on a separate stand, however I can't seem to find a stand that will fit the diameter.

My thoughts, to keep costs down, are to mount the tom holder that my kit came with on a stand and then put my ride on the bass.

Thanks!

My thoughts, to keep costs down, are to mount the tom holder that my kit came with on a stand and then put my ride on the bass.

Thanks!

Which is exactly what I did.

1-15085.jpg

The Mapex hardware is a different tube size from what I would consider standard. By sheer luck, I was able to find that PDP hardware is the same tube diameters as the Mapex hardware. I was able to pick up a couple used PDP stands, and between those and the Mapex, can do almost anything.

Awesome THC ! Thank You

I'm not at my kit any longer, do you by chance know the exact diameter of the Mapex shaft? So I can search online for a match..

Thanks Again!

I am pretty sure it is 3/4". I will check when I get home. The Dw stuff is 5/8".

My calipier shows the large lower tube at 1" outside diameter, and the smaller tube at 3/4"

My calipier shows the large lower tube at 1" outside diameter, and the smaller tube at 3/4"

Okay, thanks (and to you as well sticks!)

So, 3/4 is what the actual mount is, so I'll need to find a stand with an I.D. of 3/4

Awesome.

Back