Mapex are my crush

CM2112

Ok right now I have a pearl export, but I really want a Mapex Saturn for a professional level kit, and just my dream kit. I feel Mapex are the superior name in drums, due to their innovation, and all around sound, but also Sonors, but those are super expensive. Every time I get an email from a Mapex rep, I just get filled with joy knowing they care. When I make it one day, I will be a Mapex endorser until they run out of business.

Well certainly, the Saturn's are good drums and have become their flagship. They tried, with the Orion line (their old flagship), to compete with DW (and a few others) in the exotic finish game, and after a few years .... no more Orion. Their super customizable MyDentity series came and went. So, like most companies, they've have hits and misses. But if those are what you lust for .... that's OK !!!;)

Ok right now I have a pearl export, but I really want a Mapex Saturn for a professional level kit, and just my dream kit. I feel Mapex are the superior name in drums, due to their innovation, and all around sound, but also Sonors, but those are super expensive. Every time I get an email from a Mapex rep, I just get filled with joy knowing they care. When I make it one day, I will be a Mapex endorser until they run out of business.
Ahhh...to think like that again. Being jaded is a horrible thing.

Hah - I went from a Pearl Export ("Select"!) to a Mapex Saturn V.

Absolutely love it - also got a great bargain of a second hand kit, 10,12,14,16,22 in immaculate condition which had never been gigged for £850.

Do they make the best drums? No, no one does. But they're very, very good drums.

Many of us have a budget. And he's obviously made a connection with the company and he likes Mapex. Nothing wrong with that. As he grows, he'll learn more about other companies. Why shoot him down? He knows Sonor, he knows they're pricey as hell. I won't ever own Sonor, just because of their price point.

For me...concerning Mapex...ill never forget that wizard of oz ruby red glitter kit I looked at at JD drum center many years ago..one BEAUTIFUL kit!
I also loved that violet birdcage with gold hardware kit..whoa. I supremely loved their non invasive tom mount on the bass drum and non invasive spurs. They were on fire! As a company with innovative ideas. They had some HEAVY hardware should you have wanted that and their Janus hihat system..did I say that right?..was innovative as well. Lots of big name endorsers as well. Ya..mapex was the #$@!!.

For me...concerning Mapex...ill never forget that wizard of oz ruby red glitter kit I looked at at JD drum center many years ago..one BEAUTIFUL kit!
I also loved that violet birdcage with gold hardware kit..whoa. I supremely loved their non invasive tom mount on the bass drum and non invasive spurs. They were on fire! As a company with innovative ideas. They had some HEAVY hardware should you have wanted that and their Janus hihat system..did I say that right?..was innovative as well. Lots of big name endorsers as well. Ya..mapex was the #$@!!.
Birdseye not birdcage!..damn spellcheck

My Mapex Mars was a good buy to have a monster sounding kit and be able to leave it at a club overnight and basically have a beater kit that sounds good without having to haul around more expensive kits. My Signia and Pearl see a lot of gigs too though. I wouldn't mind trading in the Pearl for a Saturn though.

Mapex Mars
mapex2.jpg

Eh, Saturns are nice but I wouldn't call them top line kits. Even Mapex itself has a higher line of drums...

can't remember when was the last time I was loyal to a brand. I don't think I ever was.

I love Mapex and Sabian, but those are just my preferences. Peace and goodwill.

Dude you sound sort of like Carter Mclean, great playing, and great sounding drums.
Thank you! Gotta give credit where credit is due, so that's actually one of my friends who does a lot of demos on our channel! We feature a few different drummers on these videos.

Back