Manu Catche

Croc

LOVE Manu's work; effortless groove, never overplaying, just right. Outstanding work with PG over the years. Great stuff too on Robbie Robertson's first album; check out the groove on Somewhere Down the Crazy River. I also enjoy his solo album Playground.

Skrivarna

Only two posts in a thread dedicated to Manu Katche, one of the truly original and everinspiring drummers out there? OK, I'll make it three now.

Usually a fan of no-frills, simple and tight playing - though Manu is quite the opposite, I must admit he just blows me away. Beautiful!

mpthomson

LOVE Manu's work; effortless groove, never overplaying, just right. Outstanding work with PG over the years. Great stuff too on Robbie Robertson's first album; check out the groove on Somewhere Down the Crazy River. I also enjoy his solo album Playground.
There was a wonderful review in Rhythm magazine of his solo albume. The reviewer thought it ok-ish in a rather non-descript muzak kind of a way but made the observation that his vocals sounded like the actor Christopher Lambert (Highlander, Fortress and a host of other straight to video classics) crying.....

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Love him. Heard him on Peter Gabriel's So record and saw him later on the Buddy Rich memorial scholarship concert series.
Such a remarkable talent.