Mangini C&C limb system

schist

Silver Member
I just started doing this today, with the intention of achieving 3 playing goals:

- A better sense of physical balance when playing
- Clean-up hand-foot separation during blast beats
- Establish a better/stronger overall linear technique

For anyone who is unaware of what I'm referring to exactly, consult this article:

http://www.drumheadmag.com/web/page.php?id=10

I'm starting off playing the whole exercise as 16ths at 80BPM, with each pair playing for 2 minutes each (therefore, it's a 24-minute-long exercise).

Anybody else had any experiences with this exercise that they'd like to share?

Ekim

Silver Member
I think I said it on another thread, but the C&C system made my brain feel weird. (In a GOOD way!) But it felt so alien I felt like my brain was spreading open or something. It was so completely bizarre.

Xalky

I think I said it on another thread, but the C&C system made my brain feel weird. (In a GOOD way!) But it felt so alien I felt like my brain was spreading open or something. It was so completely bizarre.
That's what it's supposed to do. You're burning in new neural pathways. After a while of practice, you're brain stops hurting and you're pulling off those exercises with ease.

Xalky

Would this be considered an independence exercise?

I need to work some independece exercises into my practice time. Would this fit into that category?

schist

Silver Member
Would this be considered an independence exercise?

I need to work some independece exercises into my practice time. Would this fit into that category?
I suppose so, considering you're playing alternating hand/foot pairs as part of the exercise. I've read a few posts from drummers here complaining about how they lack independence between their right/left hand and left foot, this exercise tends to address that sort of thing.

It's a fun exercise (when things go right). I'm currently working at it at 130BPM 16th notes - after 120BPM, I started to go up in increments of 5BPM (as opposed to the 80 - 120BPM range, where I went up in increments of 10BPM once I'd felt comfortable with the previous speed).