Maison Guidry (an unbelievable, amazing talent)

Ipromise

I find this guy one of the most exciting drummers I've heard in a long time. I haven't heard much of him in a musical context, but man, that foot. Power, precision, and speed. You can see his kick drum trying to escape the punishment. :)

NouveauCliche

Ahhhh my Stone Custom and Bosphorus brother.

One of the scariest players I've ever seen in person - ever. I can't even begin to describe what it's like being in a room with him when he's going at it. Yes he's fast - but some of the phrases that come out of him are mind blowing and I have no idea how he conceptualizes them and executes them at the rate that he does. His kick/snare phrasing is something I'm sure will go down as being studied for years haha - and he's not even grown into the full power house he's going to be.

Send him some prayers though if that's your thing - he suffered an injury that has stopped his playing for a while and it's taking a toll on him emotionally and financially and we are hoping he can come out of the other side of things ok.

Also enjoy his Tiny Desk Concert with Johnathan Scales: (11:56 is where his solo starts)

J-W

Anyway, i'll never understand why people like to talk about other drummers on a thread about a specific drummer...
Amen to that! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry if i couldn't care less about jo jones on a thread that is not about jo jones
I know.......isn't it just obnoxious when someone sh1ts on a thread with a video of another drummer that they think is so much better? :unsure::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ahhhh my Stone Custom and Bosphorus brother.

One of the scariest players I've ever seen in person - ever. I can't even begin to describe what it's like being in a room with him when he's going at it. Yes he's fast - but some of the phrases that come out of him are mind blowing and I have no idea how he conceptualizes them and executes them at the rate that he does. His kick/snare phrasing is something I'm sure will go down as being studied for years haha - and he's not even grown into the full power house he's going to be.

Send him some prayers though if that's your thing - he suffered an injury that has stopped his playing for a while and it's taking a toll on him emotionally and financially and we are hoping he can come out of the other side of things ok.

Also enjoy his Tiny Desk Concert with Johnathan Scales: (11:56 is where his solo starts)

Do you know how he got hurt? Hope it's nothing serious.

NouveauCliche

Do you know how he got hurt? Hope it's nothing serious.
Literally a freak fall - hyperextended/dislocated his right shoulder.

I'm sure he'll be fine - just takes him out for maybe 6-8 weeks. Kind of worried about how it's going to move after though - shoulders are kind of a big deal for us and he was a well oiled machine.

Literally a freak fall - hyperextended/dislocated his right shoulder.

I'm sure he'll be fine - just takes him out for maybe 6-8 weeks. Kind of worried about how it's going to move after though - shoulders are kind of a big deal for us and he was a well oiled machine.
I know he's a snowboarder, i thought it was related to that sport. I hope this incident will not affect his playing, Maison is one of the most original drummers around today and hopefully when this pandemic will be over he will finally find some big names to play with (i'm a fan of J.Scales, but a drummer like Maison deserve way bigger spotlights).

NouveauCliche

I know he's a snowboarder, i thought it was related to that sport. I hope this incident will not affect his playing, Maison is one of the most original drummers around today and hopefully when this pandemic will be over he will finally find some big names to play with (i'm a fan of J.Scales, but a drummer like Maison deserve way bigger spotlights).

No - that would have made sense - but this was just like...a fall haha. Which I did the same thing last year - I tripped on a baby gate and ruptured my achilles tendon - which was the worst thing ever.

I can totally see your point - I met Shariq Tucker a few years at NAMM - there was this like jam/clinic thing some guys threw up (Forest Rice, Andy Prado, Nate Smith [the 80/20 drummer not THE Nate Smith haha], Sean Wright) and it they were all bad ass...then Shariq came in and just effing TORE IT DOWN. Like...a giant among giants and I was totally unaware of him from his GC win and all that so I wasn't prepared haha.

Well I was thinking the same thing when I saw him - what does someone that's like a force of nature like that actually DO with that fire. Then all of a sudden he's playing with Stanley freaking Clarke and the Head Hunters like a &$^&* boss.

So I'm hoping that Maison will fly like that too when he's back up and running.